Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offers from Harvard , Air Force and Yale. Makes me think of John Robertson .

Moves around in the pocket great, a running threat, and real good touch on the ball. Surprised he doesn't have more offers.
Agree. Certainly not due to academic concerns.

very fluid QB; good legs and decent arm; I like this offer!

Nassib is a Good Guy for Dungey to look at. Super smart Guy who Got 2 masters degrees and interned on Wall St. and is now playing in the NFL.

Offers from Harvard , Air Force and Yale. Makes me think of John Robertson .
So, you're guessing he won't have a problem qualifying! Man do I like smart QB's.

guess Dan Tortora was right because earlier this week he said he had sources that said tim lester would be there looking at him and ready to offer

@WeAreLakeridge: QB Eric Dungey was offered a scholarship by Syracuse OC/QB Coach during warmups of tonight's OSAA 2nd Rd. @ Sherwood. Congrats ED!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/794084/eric-dungey
IMO suggests at least one of the following:
  • One or more of the current young QB's are now not expected to pan out (possibly due to injury, not necessarily talent)
  • Edouard is not expected to make it here
  • Lester is indeed the OC for next year and doesn't fully like his options from the existing roster, based on what he wants to do
If Edouard did get here by next season and this kid as well, we'd have 6 QB's. Something has to give.

guess Dan Tortora was right because earlier this week he said he had sources that said tim lester would be there looking at him and ready to offer
His source was TOS. They posted on him last week. Scouts national recruiting guy loves this kid.

• One or more of the current young QB's are now not expected to pan out (possibly due to injury, not necessarily talent)
  • Lester is indeed the OC for next year and doesn't fully like his options from the existing roster, based on what he wants to do
If Edouard did get here by next season and this kid as well, we'd have 6 QB's. Something has to give.

I have been thinking the same thing, but one needs to figure out what Lester intends to run in order to make a decent guess. Since Eric is Lester's first QB offer as OC, I think we now have a good idea. The guy at most risk is Wilson and I would not be surprised to see him transfer if he gets buried on the depth chart.

I do think Edouard will make it here, but he will probably RS.

Eric Dungey is either 180 or 200 pounds and at 6'4" needs to put on a few lbs.

He is only a 3 star (Lord only knows why), but I have to think he will get a lot of Left Coast offers. It will probably be a challenge to get him here.

They wanted 2 last year and so they need a QB in this class because AE bailed. Would you stake the position on him showing up? I wouldn't, so need to bring one in.

If AE was here they likely wouldn't be bringing in a kid this class. He screwed us. They've been gearing up to get a big fish 2016 QB and that'll still be the plan. Dungey is quality fill that you hope hits.

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
They wanted 2 last year and so they need QB in this class because AE bailed. Would you stake the position on him showing up? I wouldn't, so need to bring one in. If AE was here they likely wouldn't be bringing in a kid this class. He screwed us. They've been gearing up to get a big fish 2016 QB and that'll still be the plan. Dungey is quality fill that you hope hits.

I think someone (Anomander?) said that there was something going on academically with the school he came from? That means he didn't screw us, I think.

Interesting that ESPN labeled him a pocket passer. Looked pretty mobile to me.

Check out the play at 1:20 on the highlight reel. Jumps over a guy.

I was half joking half serious when I said I would take as many qb's as possible. Right now we have 4 qb's, but not even sure if we have 1. I think we should bring in this Edouard, Dungey/Hale, and if one of the qb's on the roster wants to take his chances elsewhere so be it. Qb's move all over the place in this day and age. I just don't think Shafer can feel comfortable going into next season, and the year after with what he has on the roster right now.

Just looking at it he looks like a taller AJ Long.

I don't know from his tape he looks to have twice the arm as AJ?

I will get killed for this, but maybe Long goes to DB or WR, I don't think he is big enough or durable to last at QB.

I won't kill you, by no means do we know what AJ can do at QB yet but if his ceiling ends up being not too high, your idea will be a sound one

Status
Not open for further replies.