Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? If Allen couldn't play at TCU over 4 years, what makes you think he could play here and you would enjoy it?

Huh? He's only been active there for 1 year.

Were they not supposed to recruit any other quarterbacks? Or if they did recruit bad ones? I'm sure he will get a shot. If he is good enough he will start. If he's not he will be a career extra point holder. I just don't think anything has been decided yet no matter how much some want him to ride the pine for 4 years.

Of course they are. With all due respect, you made it seem to be like he's waiting in the wings for the job. He's waiting in the wings to compete - and to compete with someone who appears to have higher achievements and qualifications coming in which to me = being recruited over. Of course Allen will have a chance to win the job and depth is needed, but at this moment I'd say that Sawyer is the favorite to start at QB for TCU year after next, not Allen.

Of course they are. With all due respect, you made it seem to be like he's waiting in the wings for the job. He's waiting in the wings to compete - and to compete with someone who appears to have higher achievements and qualifications coming in which to me = being recruited over. Of course Allen will have a chance to win the job and depth is needed, but at this moment I'd say that Sawyer is the favorite to start at QB for TCU year after next, not Allen.

I'm not sure why we are crowing over him not playing anyways. I didn't begrudge him the choice he made. Happens all the time with HC departures. I wish it turned out different, but?

Huh? He's only been active there for 1 year.

B/c you are saying he was recruited over. If he can't start at TCU, what makes you think he would be an impact QB here?

timkay99 said:
B/c you are saying he was recruited over. If he can't start at TCU, what makes you think he would be an impact QB here?

Pointless exercise. But they were almost in the playoffs and we went 3-9? Seems like a good place to start.

Can we stop talking about Zach Allen? You guys are like an obsessive ex-girlfriend with these kids that choose to go elsewhere.

I don't blame him for leaving, we were in turmoil and he wanted to enroll in January. It's not like our whole coaching staff wasn't turned over.

Can we stop talking about Zach Allen? You guys are like an obsessive ex-girlfriend with these kids that choose to go elsewhere.

I don't blame him for leaving, we were in turmoil and he wanted to enroll in January. It's not like our whole coaching staff wasn't turned over.
I will never forget him. Never. :noidea:

Joe Dailey, Jason Campbell, the Vicks aghhhhh! Just kidding let's turn this back to an Eric Dungey thread.

Hey Everyone - I took a look at what Syracuse Football is getting with the only QB commit of the 2015 class - QB Eric Dungey. Take a read here:

http://.com/gridiron-recruiting-spotlight-qb-eric-dungey/

im no expert, but what impressed me the most was his ability to fit the ball into tight areas. he has a strong arm but also great touch. adept at dropping the ball over a zone defender. his height obviously helps him with that, but he doesnt try to muscle everything in.

I said this on Twitter after watching it earlier. This kid is an incredible running QB, especially for his size.
His balance is absolutely beautiful. He gets hit and his body just has this natural looking ability to stay upright. It's kind of mesmerizing to watch him run.
I hope he can put on 20-30 pounds and still move like that. Kid looks like a baller.

I said this on Twitter after watching it earlier. This kid is an incredible running QB, especially for his size.
His balance is absolutely beautiful. He gets hit and his body just has this natural looking ability to stay upright. It's kind of mesmerizing to watch him run.
I hope he can put on 20-30 pounds and still move like that. Kid looks like a baller.
I also love his throwing motion and arm strength, the kid is quite the gunslinger. He really is a true dual threat qb and I expect great things from him.

What an impressive tape. I wish it wasn't sped up, but he's got talent. If you want since junior high lights and then this you will see a lot of improvement

Arm strength? To my eye ( nowhere near your eye, just throwing stuff out here), he seems to have some technique issues, especially on longer throws. Looks like a great athlete and a fluid runner.

I think his dexterity and balance are the bigger parts that stood out to me. He could spin off hits and get knocked off balance and stay on his feet.

Yep, his balance is what jumped out at me as well. Amazing ability to keep his feet.

While his film looks impressive, I am no expert at looking at HS highlight films. I have to ask if the competition is any good. Oregon is about the same population as Connecticut and seems to rank about where NYS is with respect to top HS recruits (tied for 22 over the last 5 years). Will we see him on the field before 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.