Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Dungey‏@EricDungey 49s49 seconds ago

I will be signing my NLI tomorrow at break in the library at 9:05. Anyone is welcome to come #GoOrange #CuseBound
1f34a.png

Side note - Sunday, Tony Dungy was talking about his son Eric going on a visit to Oregon. I was actually thrown for a minute, even though I knew the last names were spelled differently, because what are the odds of two kids named Eric Dungy/Dungey being referenced with Oregon and football?

(Although they're a few years apart in age)

I'm gonna be honest...the more I watch this kid, the more excited I get. I don't have any idea what the competition is like out in Oregon, but man, he looks good. I think we may have ourselves a genuine steal here. And the fact that he had offers from the service academies and Ivy League schools means clearly, the mental aspect of the game is not going to be a problem.

A few things jumped out at me... first, the production values of the videos keep getting so much better. The field level footage here is great.

Second, he looks very coordinated and comfortable on the field and agree we may have gotten a steal. Here's hoping.

Third, if he runs in college like he does in high school he's going to need to put on serious weight. Else, he better learn to slide.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be honest...the more I watch this kid, the more excited I get. I don't have any idea what the competition is like out in Oregon, but man, he looks good. I think we may have ourselves a genuine steal here. And the fact that he had offers from the service academies and Ivy League schools means clearly, the mental aspect of the game is not going to be a problem.
A lot of guys can throw a good football. But, IMO, the smarts are what really separate the great ones. Knowing the right reads and making the right split second decisions is such a great talent that not all quarterbacks possess.

jekelish said:

Dungey > Edouard

Maybe his mom should move to Syracuse too...you know...because it's a uhhh...a big adjustment, and uhhh... he might be nervous being away from home. I would definitely be willing to show her around town and make her feel more comfortable. Eric can tag along, but I think he should probably just get to know his teammates...

I feel like there hasn't been a QB recruit we've ever talked about less than Dungey.

Kinda like Nassib...I will take a kid with that kind of talent and career all day...

Edit: Smarts and athleticism as well...excited to this kid on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.