Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a hudl film it is recorded and uploaded by the team. The player has no control of film speed. I couldn't find which highlights you are referring to but if it's hudl you Can't change speed Only the team can

If it was a hudl film it is recorded and uploaded by the team. The player has no control of film speed. I couldn't find which highlights you are referring to but if it's hudl you Can't change speed Only the team can
It's his senior highlight reel on YouTube:

Yep. Absolutely true.

I wonder why there isn't more excitement about this kid. Maybe because he plays so far away - people assume if he was good he be at a Pac12 school?! I don't know. But I'm amped we got him and can't wait to hear reports from camp...

I think a little of that, but also I think many posters are just jaded when it comes to QBs, after having so many flop post-McMabb. I think he's an intriguing prospect becacuse of the size / athleticism, but I thought the same thing about Cody Catalina [for example]. So I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this fall. Hope he's legit. Ditto the kid from Alabama. Lord knows we're due.

I think a little of that, but also I think many posters are just jaded when it comes to QBs, after having so many flop post-McMabb. I think he's an intriguing prospect becacuse of the size / athleticism, but I thought the same thing about Cody Catalina [for example]. So I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this fall. Hope he's legit. Ditto the kid from Alabama. Lord knows we're due.
Loved me some Johnny Miller.

I agree, feeling cautious, but optimistic that we have a stable of good looking prospects. So, the chances of one of them working out is greater

Yeah - I wonder if the subtle raise in recruiting since our inclusion in the ACC, IPF, this staff - hasn't made the percentage of landing a good QB a bit higher than it was in the Robinson/Marrone end of the BE days.

That one seems over-produced. Like someone was learning video software and wanted to play with every knob.

http://www.lflstudios.com/
LFLSTUDIOS is a production company geared towards capturing the essence of Lakeridge High School (OR) Athletics. Since its inception in 2014, we have collected, documented, and published the many stories of the Lakeridge Football Lifestyle and the prideful spirit of the Pacer student body. We also provide extensive coverage of individual athletes of all ages in the Lakeridge Athletic community.

I am cautiously optimistic - one thing I will say about his highlight reel in Jekelish's article - it is one of the most obvious examples I have ever seen of having the footage sped up. This is quite common but for some reason it really jumps out at me in that video.
Charley Chaplin would agree.

CuseLegacy said:
http://www.lflstudios.com/ LFLSTUDIOS is a production company geared towards capturing the essence of Lakeridge High School (OR) Athletics. Since its inception in 2014, we have collected, documented, and published the many stories of the Lakeridge Football Lifestyle and the prideful spirit of the Pacer student body. We also provide extensive coverage of individual athletes of all ages in the Lakeridge Athletic community.

Right - seems more like a produced piece than a recruiting piece. That's why I don't think that speeding it up was nefarious at all...

I am cautiously optimistic - one thing I will say about his highlight reel in Jekelish's article - it is one of the most obvious examples I have ever seen of having the footage sped up. This is quite common but for some reason it really jumps out at me in that video.
I'd guess 80% of recruiting film is sped up. It irritates the crap out of me. I feel like I discount a players abilities more when its sped up than if it wasn't. Not to mention if you were going to speed up your film wouldn't you do it maybe 10-20%. Seems like most of them are sped up like 40% and look ridiculous. Really hate the ones that are fast for a few seconds then have a slight pause or something and then that keeps repeating. Dmcnabbrules, Thanks for posting his junior film.

Really like both of the QB's we brought in this year. As for Dungey, he looks to have a lot of what it takes. His film passes the eyeball test. He may not have great top end speed but looks super athletic, confident, commanding. Doesn't have great arm strength but it looks adequate. What is more important is accuracy, timing and touch. He looks to be really good in those areas. Really like his vision of the field and his ability to go through his progressions and find the best option to pass to. Love his heart and effort but if he is the starter we need to have a good back-up as I don't see him getting through a full season with his running style.

I don't know how one could speed up Hudl clips. As far as I can tell, speeding up game film would have to be done prior to uploading.

My opinion Hudl should make a rule that the game clock has to be shown at the begining and end on 1 or 2 clips at the beginning of a highlight reel so it can be clocked. Then speed ups later in the film would be so apparent no one would do it.

Ottoble said:
My opinion Hudl should make a rule that the game clock has to be shown at the begining and end on 1 or 2 clips at the beginning of a highlight reel so it can be clocked. Then speed ups later in the film would be so apparent no one would do it.

Still think it's an imaginary problem. You can't just speed up the recruit. It's all relative - and our brains are really good a telling when something is artificial. (ie. we don't think "wow super human speed! We think "that's sped up")

What impresses me is he seems to have a high intelligence, as an athlete, in the areas of body-kinesthetic (how to control and move ones body) and visual-spatial (visualizing the world around you accurately in your mind). Great example of what I think he shows albeit dramatized

Although I am impressed with his highlights and how he makes multiple reads and sees the field well for a HS athlete, it is his highlights from basketball and track that impress me. He has great form and excels in these other sports which displays the kind of athlete he is and what he can bring to the QB position. In other words, he does things with little effort.

We really got a steal with our two QB recruits this year. It would not be a shocker if we have a McNabb/Johnson duo here as they both have a lot of potential as they both display a high level of athleticism and could play almost any skill position. It would be foolish to allow one to sit behind the other, they are both that good. I see both redshirting and 2016 being a fun x10 year to watch, specially with RW and '16 recruiting class coming in.

FoUHKTJhoQU6I.gif

What impresses me is he seems to have a high intelligence, as an athlete, in the areas of body-kinesthetic (how to control and move ones body) and visual-spatial (visualizing the world around you accurately in your mind). Great example of what I think he shows albeit dramatized

Although I am impressed with his highlights and how he makes multiple reads and sees the field well for a HS athlete, it is his highlights from basketball and track that impress me. He has great form and excels in these other sports which displays the kind of athlete he is and what he can bring to the QB position. In other words, he does things with little effort.

We really got a steal with our two QB recruits this year. It would not be a shocker if we have a McNabb/Johnson duo here as they both have a lot of potential as they both display a high level of athleticism and could play almost any skill position. It would be foolish to allow one to sit behind the other, they are both that good. I see both redshirting and 2016 being a fun x10 year to watch, specially with RW and '16 recruiting class coming in.

FoUHKTJhoQU6I.gif
The fight scenes in the Sherlock Holmes movies are some of my favorite in all of Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.