Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
for what it's worth (read: not much), I'd be surprised if Hunt is back next year. He isn't a good QB and he isn't going to magically turn into one next year, his 5th in the program. The program is better off identifying and developing their next QB next season. Hunt is never going pro, so he might be better off playing his final season at an FCS school.

I just don't see any way Syracuse has 6 QB's on scholarship next season. Hunt is a low upside known quantity with no future beyond next year. I'd be extremely disappointed as a fan if he is the starting QB next year.

You're kidding me right?

Hunt is our most experienced QB, regardless of whether you think he is the best of the group or not. Personally I don't, but I also think it's very unwise to not keep around our most experienced QB whether he wins the starting job or not. You still need depth, regardless, and you are better off if your depth has a thorough understanding of the playbook and significant game reps.

Hunt is our most experienced QB, regardless of whether you think he is the best of the group or not. Personally I don't, but I also think it's very unwise to not keep around our most experienced QB whether he wins the starting job or not. You still need depth, regardless, and you are better off if your depth has a thorough understanding of the playbook and significant game reps.
Playbook could be a new start for everyone next year

Hunt is 9-7 as a starter I think with a bowl win. The kids are 1-4.

Yeah lets tell Hunt to pack his bags. a 3-8 team is better off without him. :crazy::bat:

Exactly. Kid gets a bad wrap for struggling through George McDonald trying to make him something that he wasn't. Don't understand it.

He's not the most accurate passer in the world (to say the least) but the OC didn't do him any favors. And he has won more than most QB's we have had in the last 15 years.

Why would Dungey be driving through WNY? Where was he flying into? This thread is about him, right?!

Driving from Oregon? What? Isn't this his official visit, where they fly in?

for what it's worth (read: not much), I'd be surprised if Hunt is back next year. He isn't a good QB and he isn't going to magically turn into one next year, his 5th in the program. The program is better off identifying and developing their next QB next season. Hunt is never going pro, so he might be better off playing his final season at an FCS school.

I just don't see any way Syracuse has 6 QB's on scholarship next season. Hunt is a low upside known quantity with no future beyond next year. I'd be extremely disappointed as a fan if he is the starting QB next year.
I think it is one of many questions to ask. Teams guard that 5th year and many of them assess the value added to the team
My "Silly", Idiotic" question has expanded the discussion on our QB situation to include the prospects of Hunt not being the man next year. I never said I didn't want him back, I just asked the question why would we want him back. He is the most experienced. The question remains to be seen if he would want to stick around and sit the bench if he doesn't win the job. In AJ's limited playing time and limited experience, he has more TD passes than Hunt. Keep Hunt around for depth, makes sense, but I would have to see a significantly improved Hunt, before he started for me.

Yeah, the With Hunt and Without Hunt numbers are very, very different. Hunt's the best for this team. But, staying on that topic, there's no way Shafer would force a kid off the team.

We should go back to Dungey.

He should be back however I'm not sure he should be the unquestioned QB. based on the small sample size from this year I thought he regressed. I think the QB battle will be 100% open
He also worked under an eventually fired OC. Time will tell.

OK. This thread has been hijacked long enough. If you want to start a thread on who will be our QB next season start one on the FB forum. Let's TRY and keep this thread on Dungeys' recruitment... and hopefully commitment.

Wonder how his visit is going

I heard he had dinner with Coach Lester last night. ;)

Too bad they couldn't have arranged for him to have dinner with Marcy--that would have procured his commitment on the spot.

If what you say is true, then we are approaching the definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over…and expecting a different result.
If that's your (or anyone else's) definition of insanity, what are your definitions for words like "practice" & "repetitions?"

Status
Not open for further replies.