Class of 2016 - QB Gunnar Hoak (OH) UK Commit offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Gunnar Hoak (OH) UK Commit offered

Hmmm... I hope we're not moving on from Lindsey Scott and Rex Culpepper.
Well, we're locked in with Rex. We can't take his offer back if we want to. He's already signed his paperwork, so his scholarship is binding from SU's end.

Well, we're locked in with Rex. We can't take his offer back if we want to. He's already signed his paperwork, so his scholarship is binding from SU's end.

That's right...

I really hope we don't give up on the LA Gatorade Player of the Yr who has an amazing arm and football IQ.

And Coyle did contact him directly after Shafer was canned. So I don't think Rex is going anywhere.

That being said, DB may want to tack on another QB anyway. I highly doubt Mahoney gets a scholarship, Hunt is done, Womack isn't playing QB, and Dungey is questionable with the head injuries. That leaves Wilson. 3 QB's in this class is not out of the question considering Scott and Culpepper are both pretty good athletes that could play another positions, especially Scott.

And Coyle did contact him directly after Shafer was canned. So I don't think Rex is going anywhere.

That being said, DB may want to tack on another QB anyway. I highly doubt Mahoney gets a scholarship, Hunt is done, Womack isn't playing QB, and Dungey is questionable with the head injuries. That leaves Wilson. 3 QB's in this class is not out of the question considering Scott and Culpepper are both pretty good athletes that could play another positions, especially Scott.
That's my thought as well. He might think we simply need more depth at the position.

Hmmm... I hope we're not moving on from Lindsey Scott and Rex Culpepper.

I don't know if we'll see any other QB offers but this is an Ohio kid in their back yard who they've probably been on for a minimum of 2 years now. BG offer. I hope it means we're moving towards a kid they think can run their offense.

It's highly unlikely they've looked at Scott up close and personnel, and maybe not even Rex. Things might change after a thorough review but we should keep in mind this is a kid they coveted at Bowling Green.

Love Scott but lets not forget we're his only P5 offer.

Good point. We might only have 1 (healthy) QB next fall. Holy bleep.

Hoak is a 6-foot-4, 190-pound pocket passer who threw for 2,584 yards, 30 touchdowns and just three interceptions as a junior at Dublin Coffman High School, a noted QB factory.

Hoak is a 6-foot-4, 190-pound pocket passer who threw for 2,584 yards, 30 touchdowns and just three interceptions as a junior at Dublin Coffman High School, a noted QB factory.
Didn't we have a couple of guys from there three coaches ago?

Dublin Coffman...is that the same high school that produced Trey Fairchild?
Not sure about Trey but program has produced seven Division I quarterbacks since 2003, including Brady Quinn (Notre Dame), Cole Stoudt (Clemson), Zach Stoudt (Louisville, Ole Miss) and James Walsh (Boston College).

Good point. We might only have 1 (healthy) QB next fall. Holy bleep.

And he's a third stringer, and only a third stringer because AJ Long was DQ'ed.

Yeah...scary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom