Class of 2017 - QB Jack Coan (NY) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Jack Coan (NY) Verbal to Wisconsin

Someone just needs to let Coan know that once upon a time a kid from Long Island who starred in both football and lacrosse put Syracuse football on the map, and it's time for another kid from LI who stars in both football and lacrosse to help put us BACK on the map.

Hmm I wonder who would be the right person for that job.. :)

Free Blurb re Rovals Challenge...

https://www./content.asp?CID=1770427&PT=4&PR=2

Coan out of nowhere New York quarterback Jack Coan came out of nowhere and will be interesting to watch at the event. I love his film. He's blown up with offers from Michigan, Miami, Maryland, Rutgers and Syracuse recently and we could be looking at a player who could challenge Hunter Johnson (can't attend due to track) and others as the top pro-style guy in the 2017 class. Long Island talent is a far cry from what Coan will be facing in Baltimore so we could also see someone who is raw and light years away from developing. It should be very interesting. The last big-time product out of Sayville is our own Southeast Analyst Rob Casiddy so hopefully Coan throws the ball a bit better. -

Someone go check on TrueBlue, he's probably applying lipstick and readying his sniper rifle for Harbaugh.
tumblr_mm5sm8dxNu1qbb579o3_r1_400.gif

HARBAUGH!!!! /shakes fist in disgust

You should have to read my Twitter TL... you would think I was following Michigan kids. Almost every kid SU has offerer has interest from or is visiting Michigan.

You should have to read my Twitter TL... you would think I was following Michigan kids. Almost every kid SU has offerer has interest from or is visiting Michigan.
Obviously the talent our coaches identify, Michigan Coaches feel are talented or they wouldn't offer. Shows the talent level we are getting is better.

Harbaugh is starting to remind me of Shady in that he waits until Syracuse identifies talent and offers them before getting involved also. Also something tells me Harbaugh is really going to piss off a lot of other coaches around the country and he better watch his back in the recruiting game. Mullin from Miss. St. was the latest that i saw that seems really pissed off at him.

wait - do people genuinely think Harbaugh just sits back, watches to see who Syracuse offers, and then sweeps in with an offer with little to no evaluation of his own because he just knows Syracuse is so good at identifying talent? I thought it was just one of those board memes that people were having fun with. The idea that Harbaugh - builder of a top notch program at Stanford, incredibly successful NFL coach - would need to ride the coattails of Syracuse's talent identifcation is absurd.

leftytg said:
wait - do people genuinely think Harbaugh just sits back, watches to see who Syracuse offers, and then sweeps in with an offer with little to no evaluation of his own because he just knows Syracuse is so good at identifying talent? I thought it was just one of those board memes that people were having fun with. The idea that Harbaugh - builder of a top notch program at Stanford, incredibly successful NFL coach - would need to ride the coattails of Syracuse's talent identifcation is absurd.

Yeah - except he's offered just about all of the same guys we have AFTER we have. That's a helluva coincidence.

imho harbaugh isnt the same coach he was at stanford- his ego is a million times bigger-

as far as him tagging our recruits-lol-lol-lol-lol

to me it says the late start he had over everyone in recruiting is going to hurt schools like su who appear to have the "eye"

also shows if we can find some offense and win some games we can recruit good enough talent to play with the big boys a time or 2 every decade

leftytg said:

I don't at all. It's silly to even consider it.

Yeah, I don't think anyone honestly believes Harbaugh is just following Shafer around and cheating off of who he offers (though that sort of thing DOES happen, believe it or not). It's just become a running gag at this point, because of how often Michigan seems to wind up on the same guys we're on.

jekelish said:
Yeah, I don't think anyone honestly believes Harbaugh is just following Shafer around and cheating off of who he offers (though that sort of thing DOES happen, believe it or not). It's just become a running gag at this point, because of how often Michigan seems to wind up on the same guys we're on.

The only reason I could see it is that hes just getting back in the recruiting game and Shafer was his DC at Stanford. who knows what their recruiting process was and how much he relied on shafe back then. I think we've definately seen it more on defensive guys which I could believe offensive players like this kne seems a little more likely to be a coincidence.

The only reason I could see it is that hes just getting back in the recruiting game and Shafer was his DC at Stanford. who knows what their recruiting process was and how much he relied on shafe back then. I think we've definately seen it more on defensive guys which I could believe offensive players like this kne seems a little more likely to be a coincidence.

^ This. I said that when he FIRST arrived at UM. I was half joking around but then it seemed like he was after quite a few kids that had verbals to SU including Troy Henderson and that's when I started to get annoyed by him.

Do I now believe he is sitting there waiting for SU to offer and then pounce? Nope not at all. But I do enjoy the humorous memes!

There has to be some reason that Michigan is all of a sudden involved with so many SU targets. It's not coincidental. Now maybe it's because SU has extended it's reach. Who knows, it's just odd.

I love how people think it's inconceivable that H would look at who we offer. He knows Shafer well and the last time he was recruiting he was on the other side if the country. UM has a splashier name and in their minds should be able to grab kids over us.

Is it an intentional part of their recruiting tactic? I doubt it. Does he look at a kid a touch more closely because Shafer likes him... Wouldn't you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom