Class of 2016 - QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jake Zembiec (NY) Verbal to PSU/Retiring from Football

I'm not saying I don't respect Ok St, I just believe that a kid from Rochester wouldn't view an Ok St offer as a standout offer. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.
Big 12, top 20 program that gets to knock helmets with oklahoma and texas not to mention a likely solid ooc. I dont disagree with your thought process but its a standout imo, respectfully

http://qbhitlist.com/quarterback-rankings-2/

List of 2016 HS Pro-style QBs
Abramson is listed #2, Zembiec #15.

wasn't really sure what QBhitlist was so I went to the link. This might be one of those sites that ranks you higher or lower depending on if you pay for a subscription. You have a number of highly ranked kids on that list who had horrible to average years last season (at least statistically) so not sure what ranking system they are using. My guess is SU would do well do get either of the two QBs

http://qbhitlist.com/quarterback-rankings-2/

List of 2016 HS Pro-style QBs
Abramson is listed #2, Zembiec #15.

I will say this about the list...Despite Sonny being ranked higher at most places, it seems like Zembiac has more interest. Zembiac has PSU, OKST, FSU, and ton others very interested. The main ones I have heard with Sonny are UNC, Iowa, Rutgers, Duke, etc.

Either way I think this is an exercise in futility for us. I'd be floored if he ended up somewhere other then Penn St, or Notre Dame.

Last edited:
I will say this about the list...Despite Sonny being ranked higher at most places, it seems like Zembiac has more interest. Zembiac has PSU, OKST, FSU, and ton others very interested. The main ones I have heard with Sonny are UNC, Iowa, Rutgers, Duke, etc.

Either way I think this is an exercise in futility for us. I'd be floored if he ended up somewhere other then Penn St, or Notre Dame.
Zembiac is definitely going to PSU. No doubt in my mind

Why wouldn't a QB from Upstate NY want to stay in state and successfully lead an ACC team in their own backyard.

Doesn't want to throw bubble screens his whole career?
I know you're (somewhat) joking, but the weapons that SU should have in the next few years is pretty promising.

I know you're (somewhat) joking, but the weapons that SU should have in the next few years is pretty promising.
but are they going to use them!

Why wouldn't a QB from Upstate NY want to stay in state and successfully lead an ACC team in their own backyard.

Well, Rutgers could say the same about NJ recruits in general, but SU seems to come up with great reasons for them to leave their home state.

System fit might be poor? See: Scharr, Billy.

He has the potential to go to one of the elite programs,that's why. If he left to play at Indiana over us then it would be annoying but if he decides to go to perennial top 15 team, it's hard to put him at fault. Not every kid from upstate NY wants to stay in upstate NY.

I think he's been a PSU fan his whole life, not to mention they sunk their claws in pretty quickly.

I think he's been a PSU fan his whole life, not to mention they sunk their claws in pretty quickly.

He is listed as possible to attend the Rutgers pen state game his week by the road.

If you were a QB and had offers from Michigan State, Penn State, Oklahoma State, UCF, ND and other competitive teams where would SU fall on your list? It's just the reality and I don't get the feeling SU is pursuing that hard which I don't understand. System? Talent is talent especially when its in your back yard.

If you were a QB and had offers from Michigan State, Penn State, Oklahoma State, UCF, ND and other competitive teams where would SU fall on your list? It's just the reality and I don't get the feeling SU is pursuing that hard which I don't understand. System? Talent is talent especially when its in your back yard.

I think they know it's more then a long shot. You can usually tell who's really interested and who's not. It's the same for the school as the kid. If another very talented kid is showing that he is more interested wouldn't you pursue that kid, just like the kid being recruited would gravitate towards the school recruiting him the hardest?

Our hope is that the kid has pride in being from upstate NY and a desire to represent the region in the collegiate football world. Other than that, we're just another school, I guess.

Despite all of the stuff that went on at Penn State, we have made up zero ground recruiting against them. If anything, it's worse than it was before. We are a compete afterthought for Penn State in recruiting. They can basically take who they want.

hoopsupstate said:
Despite all of the stuff that went on at Penn State, we have made up zero ground recruiting against them. If anything, it's worse than it was before. We are a compete afterthought for Penn State in recruiting. They can basically take who they want.

Think if he were a better fit, we'd be pushing much much harder. He's a better fit for their system and they are Penn St.

Rumors he may have sustained a broken bone near his hand/wrist today

Rumors he may have sustained a broken bone near his hand/wrist today
From Twitter...doesn't look great
image.jpg

We're really focused on Florida, Georgia, and Illinois right now. Not really hotbeds for PSU. We're moving into NJ, and there might be some battles there, but we go head to head with PSU only a couple times a year.

Nick Polak‏@TheREALNPolak 1h1 hour ago
Catching Up with Penn State Target 2016 QB Jake Zembiec (@jakezembiec) http://sbnation.com/e/6714374

"Can you give me a general update of what's going on in your recruiting process right now? Any updates with your current leaders?
Penn State's up there, they've always been up there. I had the chance to go there last weekend. But Michigan State is definitely one of my favorites now. Now that they've offered it's a good option. Those two are my biggest right now. I also really love Oklahoma State but it's not affordable to get out to a game and see them. I'm still getting a lot of mail and I'm surprised-well I shouldn't say surprised-but relieved to see everything not die off with my injury."