Class of 2016 - QB Jarrett Guarantano (NJ) Verbal to Tenn. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jarrett Guarantano (NJ) Verbal to Tenn.

didnt brown say he doesnt have a rutgers offer? I never want a good player to go there--Hopefully he picks Tennesee

This kid really must be good, though. According to the stats that 2 4 7 has on him, his freshman year he only attempted five passes, but completed eight! That's amazing!

images

I'm really not sure about this kid. As I have said before, I am an alum of Bergen Catholic, so I have every reason to root and be a fan of his. But other than the fact that his play on the field hasn't exactly met his hype, he comes off a bit as an attention seeker. That Bleacher Report Times Square video was terrible. Then he is asked after his commitment about what he would do if Rutgers continued to recruit him, and he said he would still listen and "as of now I'm a Tennessee Volunteer"

I have a feeling he'll flip at least once before signing day.

I'm really not sure about this kid. As I have said before, I am an alum of Bergen Catholic, so I have every reason to root and be a fan of his. But other than the fact that his play on the field hasn't exactly met his hype, he comes off a bit as an attention seeker. That Bleacher Report Times Square video was terrible. Then he is asked after his commitment about what he would do if Rutgers continued to recruit him, and he said he would still listen and "as of now I'm a Tennessee Volunteer"

I haven't been really following his recruitment much, but from what I've seen I can see why people would label him as an attention seeker. Which honestly, I don't have a problem with as long as he doesn't act like a diva when the cameras aren't around.

By the way, it just made me think about something else. Have you noticed a certain high profile player SU is recruiting who has basically vanished from Twitter, and hasn't been trying to bring any attention to himself, other than doing a couple interviews here and there?

Humility is a great trait, and another reason I'm excited about the very real possibility of landing a 4-star player who doesn't have to tweet about himself 10 times per day.

I feel the same way. I made a post earlier in this thread where I wasn't a fan at all. I think he'd get ate up in the SEC...if he sticks.

How long until Tennessee asks him to Greyshirt?

DMDMD said:
How long until Tennessee asks him to Greyshirt?

They might cut him loose... Tenn is peak SEC shady recruiting IMO

They might cut him loose... Tenn is peak SEC shady recruiting IMO

To be fair we did the absolute same thing with a couple kids. I have absolutely no problem with it. It's a business, and kids know it. Sucks, but it is what it is, we just really aren't in a position to judge considering we do the same thing.

anomander said:
To be fair we did the absolute same thing with a couple kids. I have absolutely no problem with it. It's a business, and kids know it. Sucks, but it is what it is, we just really aren't in a position to judge considering we do the same thing.

Yeah - for sure. But not to high profile QB recruits...

this is usually how Rutgers backdoors their way into getting their highest rated commits... (or Butch gets canned and he falls into Rutgers' new coach's lap)

I feel very bad for this kid. As stated earlier in the thread back in April, I was skeptical of his play. The play didn't meet the hype, that is until this season. He has been ungodly this season. Nobody has been able to stop him. Sucks to see him not be able to finish his senior year. I really wish him the best and hope Tennessee keeps their offer intact. It seems like he has it all in regards to being a QB at the next level, I just hope he has the durability to last.