Class of 2017 - QB Jarrett Stidham to Auburn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Jarrett Stidham to Auburn

TODDNTEXAS

Walk On

Mr. Jarrett Stidham would like to speak with you.

Last edited:
ooops, Stidham was a recruit from last year.

Last edited:
Jesus people come on. This dude was a stud his freshman year at QB in Briles system. Hence a perfect fit for ummmmmm Babers system. He would absolutely smoke any competition at SU right now.

TODDNTEXAS said:
Jesus people come on. This dude was a stud his freshman year at QB in Briles system. Hence a perfect fit for ummmmmm Babers system. He would absolutely smoke any competition at SU right now.

He might. But Babers likes Dungey and the kid coming in Devito, too. Who knows?

LeMoyneCuse said:
QB. I like to think we don't need him.

I think you have to keep an open mind for the 5* #2 QB in the country either way. I expect he would need to sit out a year regardless for a transfer.

Might get a pass from NCAA on sitting out
Yeah I doubt it. If he were gonna get a pass, everyone from his class would get a pass and that's pretty unlikely.

I don't know that you can immediately dismiss the thought of taking a player at the most important position on the field with a year of playing experience in the system you're installing. Unless Dungey showed Babers something in the spring that makes him think he is a can't miss you have to at least make the phone call. Even if he has to sit the year, a qb competition between him and Dungey the next year would only make us better.

I'd think Tulsa would be first in line for this kid.

As for the future of the position here, I'm not sure Dungey is the QB next year. If Devito enrolls in the spring I think there is a real competition.

Also Dungey has the concussion issue hanging over him, the staff has to hedge their bets because of that as well.

Who knows they might try and get him, they were trying to get Zach Allen after all.

Maybe some people see the uselessness in a thread like this every week, where some far-flung transfer is suddenly coveted because they don't already play for Syracuse.
Is that what this is or is this a former rivals top 100 recruit that has previous success in our new system? A young player transferring because of a coaching (and probably system) change is different than the grad transfers in the past that we hoped could come in and be saviors.

Maybe some people see the uselessness in a thread like this every week, where some far-flung transfer is suddenly coveted because they don't already play for Syracuse.

I'll take the complete opposite side, which I see FAR more here- Syracuse gets the greatest 2* recruits known to mankind, before we even see them on the field.

sufandu said:
I like a really good hamburger too but that won't make me turn down a good ribeye if I can get it.

To be clear, I think you make the call. I just don't think it's a high priority like in the past when we were desperate for anything that resembled a meat product ;)

GoSU96 said:
I'd think Tulsa would be first in line for this kid. As for the future of the position here, I'm not sure Dungey is the QB next year. If Devito enrolls in the spring I think there is a real competition. Also Dungey has the concussion issue hanging over him, the staff has to hedge their bets because of that as well.

You never know, but I'd be shocked if Dungey lost out on the field. Injury? Sure.

GoHamSU said:
I'll take the complete opposite side, which I see FAR more here- Syracuse gets the greatest 2* recruits known to mankind, before we even see them on the field.

Yeah, I think your speaking of a time pre-Babers. Generally speaking I don't see a lot of "this 2* guy is great" posts floating around. We had 1 or 2 last year and 2 so far this year. We've been in solid 3* territory for 3 years.

To be clear, I think you make the call. I just don't think it's a high priority like in the past when we were desperate for anything that resembled a meat product ;)
That makes sense. Not getting a kid like this wouldn't hurt knowing who we already have. I love the idea of a qb competition between two talented guys that have already had success on the field.

Based on Dungey's concussion history alone...you have to make the call. I don't care if Dungey is McNabb...you have to make the call!

I was doing some research with CuseLegacy yesterday and was reading through Drew Allen threads. We all thought we had the second coming. It's the same song and dance every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom