Class of 2017 - QB Jarrett Stidham to Auburn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 QB Jarrett Stidham to Auburn

I was doing some research with CuseLegacy yesterday and was reading through Drew Allen threads. We all thought we had the second coming. It's the same song and dance every time.
I was not a big fan of Drew Allen coming, primarilly because he was just coming for one year and Oklahoma didn't seem to mind him moving on, even without a returning starting QB.

Come on, who's got the checkbook to get the kid to Syracuse?

I was doing some research with CuseLegacy yesterday and was reading through Drew Allen threads. We all thought we had the second coming. It's the same song and dance every time.
18-30 for 160 yards in career mop up duty isn't the same as 75-109 for 1265 yards 12 tds and 2 int as a freshman. The beauty of him coming, if he did come here, is that we'd be playing with house money. If he beat out Dungey, we'd have an upgrade, if not, we'd have a top rate backup. I can't see a downside. You can never have too many good qb's.

Last edited:

I'm sure that was an entertaining exercise, but this situation is different on so many levels.

Is Grobe going to be running the "Baylor spread?" I haven't paid much attention to what assistants he retained.

18-30 for 160 yards in career mop up duty isn't the same as 75-109 for 1265 yards 12 tds and 2 ins as a freshman. The beauty of him coming, if he did come here, is that we'd be playing with house money. If he beat out Dungey, we'd have an upgrade, if not, we'd have a top rate backup. I can't see a downside. You can never have too many good qb's.

That's how I look at it. I think it would be crazy to not see if there was any interest, even as much as I like the potential of Dungey and DeVito.

That's how I look at it. I think it would be crazy to not see if there was any interest, even as much as I like the potential of Dungey and DeVito.
Yeah. I don't know that you hear of a good school ignoring an opportunity to add a talented qb. Given the qb problems we've had the last decade +, with the exception of a bright spot here or there, and the depth issues we had last year it makes sense to at least gauge interest.

sufandu said:
Yeah. I don't know that you hear of a good school ignoring an opportunity to add a talented qb. Given the qb problems we've had the last decade +, with the exception of a bright spot here or there, and the depth issues we had last year it makes sense to at least gauge interest.

I'm sure Babers is well aware of the situation. If he doesn't at least place a call it's because he knows something we don't.

Can't imagine it would be because of what he has. Kid already has experienced success in the system and has 3 years remaining.

Grobe is there to get a check for a year or two and take his beatings like a man.
i can't imagine wanting a head coaching job that much

why is he eligible in the fall?

He isn't eligible until Fall of 2017.

Quarterback Jarrett Stidham transferring from Baylor

Stidham still has a redshirt season that he could use to sit out as a transfer student and then have three remaining seasons to play. Or he could go to junior college this fall and then be able to transfer to any program he wants for 2017.

However, there is a rule in the Big 12 that if a scholarship player goes to a junior college in between going to another Big 12 school the player will still lose a year of eligibility, meaning he would have to sit a year and forfeit a year. So he would sit 2016 and could only play 2017 and 2018. It is plausible he could be granted an appeal especially considering the circumstances at Baylor but sources tell FOX Sports that probably would require a lot of cooperation on Baylor's part.

why is he eligible in the fall?

I meant next fall, not this fall. Here's the applicable info from the article:

"Where will Stidham go? The mechanics of his decision could leave the rest of the Big 12 open to him with three years of eligibility remaining. Stidham will be a hot commodity throughout the country, but if he chooses to spend the fall 2016 semester at a community college he could enroll at his next school with three years to play regardless of conference. Stidham, as an undergraduate transfer, will have to sit out the 2016 season if he goes anywhere in the FBS now. He could play a season of juco ball, but that would count as one of his four years to play. If he attends a juco and doesn't play this fall, Stidham can use 2016 as a redshirt year because the NCAA gives athletes five years to play four.

"Stidham could also transfer to schools in nine FBS conferences right now and use 2016 as his redshirt year, but he could not do that in the Big 12. Big 12 transfer rules require players transferring between conference schools to lose a year of playing eligibility. This is why Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield initially lost a year while sitting out 2014 after transferring from Texas Tech. Mayfield got 2014 turned into a redshirt year because of a conference rule tweak that lifted the penalty for walk-ons leaving to be walk-ons elsewhere in the league. Stidham, who was on scholarship at Baylor, won't be able to do that. But if he spends this fall at a juco, he's free to transfer to another Big 12 school and play in 2017 as a redshirt sophomore instead of as a true junior."

None of the coaches are currently following him. Only ones I know are SU alums Madei Williams and Antonio Anderson.
So Nassau CC hopefuls?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom