Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

Pretty hard to make the 12 TD passes we threw in 2013 look really good, but dammit 2014 did just that! You would think we have been running the triple option the last two seasons.
Ashton Broil will be a senior this fall and has Zero carrer TD catches.

th

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...e_football_being_consider.html#incart_m-rpt-2
This kid would be smart to pick the Cuse! With only two years left, he wants to play…..that is why he is transferring. Wisconsin…….they like to run the ball…Texas, Florida, Miami…..There is plenty of QB talent at those schools and a greater chance to sit the bench. I don't know what else he could be looking at….but the chance to start at a Power 5 school don't get any better than this!

There was strong linebackers and thick-necked guards,
Some humpty-backed tackles and some extra yards,
Some backs and PATS and run backs, but sure as you're born,
The loveliest of all was the John O'Korn.

Syracuse needs to go "All in" on the recruitment of O'Korn. Adding this kid to the QB mix would give us a lot of competition at the position. I know many on the thread doubt his stats due the conference he played in……but 3,000 yards..and 28 TD passes are what they are. By the time he is able to see the field, Syracuse will have some size and competition on the offensive line, a tight end, Dunk, with a year under his belt, Ishmael will be a junior, and we will have some competition at the RB position. His presence should also help us recruit some skilled offensive play makers who want to be part of an exciting attack. His presence also takes some pressure off of the kid from Oregon, let him sit, grow, and compete. He would open up a lot of good possibilities for the Cuse. Go get this kid.

Lester went hard after this kid in 2013, and he has said Nassib would have been a perfect fit for his system. O'Korn's game looks a lot like Nassib so...let's get this kid. I wish we knew how interested Florida actually is. Hoping not very!

Would his transfer here count against our commitment limits? I know it takes a spot towards 85 total but not sure about the class limit.

If he's enrolling early, we have room against the last class so it wouldn't count as a spot against this years class.

Lester went hard after this kid in 2013, and he has said Nassib would have been a perfect fit for his system. O'Korn's game looks a lot like Nassib so...let's get this kid. I wish we knew how interested Florida actually is. Hoping not very!
That makes little sense to me. How can a pro-style QB like Ryan and dual threat QB's like Dungey fit the same system? I thing his response to the question about Ryan was made in the sense that Ryan was good enough to fit any system (except an option one).

Our roster includes
Marrone/Hackett
Hunt dual threat and and Wilson pro style. Also recruited Zach who was dual threat.

Shafer/McDonald
AJ Long and Alin Edouard both dual threat.

Shafer/Lester
Dungey dual threat and we are going after O'Korn pro style

O'Korn would seem to be a departure from the dual threats we have been recruiting.

Crusty said:
That makes little sense to me. How can a pro-style QB like Ryan and dual threat QB's like Dungey fit the same system? I thing his response to the question about Ryan was made in the sense that Ryan was good enough to fit any system (except an option one). Our roster includes Marrone/Hackett Hunt dual threat and and Wilson pro style. Also recruited Zach who was dual threat. Shafer/McDonald AJ Long and Alin Edouard both dual threat. Shafer/Lester Dungey dual threat and we are going after O'Korn pro style O'Korn would seem to be a departure from the dual threats we have been recruiting.

Not that hard - when I watched those Elmhurst games on YouTube, you could see how he changed his system to accommodate either type.

I see only a huge upside with bringing this kid in.

if he is to enroll early at florida he'd have to decide by monday

if he is to enroll early at florida he'd have to decide by monday
I presume everyone wants O'Korn here but in reality he won't be available until 2016 so I'm not that concerned We will have quality by then ready for the field Eric Dungey will red-shirt and be ready in'16. If we see him sooner we is cooked again Hunt will start this coming season and AJ will be behind him so we might be in the oven already.

I presume everyone wants O'Korn here but in reality he won't be available until 2016 so I'm not that concerned We will have quality by then ready for the field Eric Dungey will red-shirt and be ready in'16. If we see him sooner we is cooked again Hunt will start this coming season and AJ will be behind him so we might be in the oven already.
Yes let's put all our eggs in the basket of Dungey, who hasn't even signed his LOI, and act like getting a kid who has performed at a high level in college wouldn't be a great get.

Yes let's put all our eggs in the basket of Dungey, who hasn't even signed his LOI, and act like getting a kid who has performed at a high level in college wouldn't be a great get.

Yeah Im all for being positive about incoming recruits, i just dont nderstand the logic of posting things like "yeah everything will be alright once [insert recruit name here] gets here.

First it was the kid from colorado who got kicked off the team, then Kimble, then Wilson, then Eduard, then Long. We havent developed an above average QB since McNabb, why is everyone so rosy about incoming recruits. Now everyone is positive the QB from Oregon who hasnt even signed a letter is going to be all conference. :rolls eyes:. Shafer and co could get fired next year and that kid never sees the field.