Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

O'Korn won't be running the option but he can move around. He isn't a 6'6 250 pound stiff.

O'Korn won't be running the option but he can move around. He isn't a 6'6 250 pound stiff.
Agreed. Just because a guy is labeled a pocket passer, it doesn't mean he lacks athleticism. This kid was listed in high school with having a 4.71 sec 40 time. That isn't blazing, but it has likely improved and it is enough to take some open field and pick up some first downs. I hope he comes to SU, because it would be great to have another possible option at QB.

Yeah Im all for being positive about incoming recruits, i just dont nderstand the logic of posting things like "yeah everything will be alright once [insert recruit name here] gets here.

First it was the kid from colorado who got kicked off the team, then Kimble, then Wilson, then Eduard, then Long. We havent developed an above average QB since McNabb, why is everyone so rosy about incoming recruits. Now everyone is positive the QB from Oregon who hasnt even signed a letter is going to be all conference. :rolls eyes:. Shafer and co could get fired next year and that kid never sees the field.

It goes back WAY further than that--the futility started in 1999. We missed out on Vick. Then Carlysle Holliday. Then Rod Rutherford. And the ones we landed were all supposed to finally be the QB who would succeed McNabb. Cecil "The Diesel" Howard. Chad Elliot. Perry Patterson. Joe Fields. And on and on and on...

We've had maybe three solid years of QB play in the last 15 years. And I'm not sure that "the answer" is on the roster or in the pipeline to right the ship.

Yes, but I would think he'll want to get transferred ASAP. It's not like he's going to be able to work out with Houston during the spring, and I'm positive he doesn't want to be doing nothing during that timeframe. Get a better grasp on the playbook and start developing chemistry with his future receivers ASAP.

Question: does that change when a kid transfers due to a coaching staff change? I thought that the NCAA lets kids transfer under those circumstances without sitting out.

It goes back WAY further than that--the futility started in 1999. We missed out on Vick. Then Carlysle Holliday. Then Rod Rutherford. And the ones we landed were all supposed to finally be the QB who would succeed McNabb. Cecil "The Diesel" Howard. Chad Elliot. Perry Patterson. Joe Fields. And on and on and on...

We've had maybe three solid years of QB play in the last 15 years. And I'm not sure that "the answer" is on the roster or in the pipeline to right the ship.

I don't think the andwe

I don't think the andwe

Oops! I don't think the answer is on the current roster. Dungey? Hopefully, the kid has a lot of promise but so did the kids you mention. O'Korn is no sure thing but he gives us a better and more secure option that we have/will have

Question: does that change when a kid transfers due to a coaching staff change? I thought that the NCAA lets kids transfer under those circumstances without sitting out.

No. A kid has to sit but can petition for immediately eligibility but that has to be a special circumstance. Penn St kids were able to transfer and be immediately eligible but that was an exception.

Yeah Im all for being positive about incoming recruits, i just dont nderstand the logic of posting things like "yeah everything will be alright once [insert recruit name here] gets here.

First it was the kid from colorado who got kicked off the team, then Kimble, then Wilson, then Eduard, then Long. We havent developed an above average QB since McNabb, why is everyone so rosy about incoming recruits. Now everyone is positive the QB from Oregon who hasnt even signed a letter is going to be all conference. :rolls eyes:. Shafer and co could get fired next year and that kid never sees the field.

Nassib was an above average QB. Other than that, I agree.

No. A kid has to sit but can petition for immediately eligibility but that has to be a special circumstance. Penn St kids were able to transfer and be immediately eligible but that was an exception.

Thanks for the clarification.

Not that hard - when I watched those Elmhurst games on YouTube, you could see how he changed his system to accommodate either type.
I watched all of those games and didn't see what you did. His system looked like a run first power system, that occasionally went to a 3 or 4 receiver set and used a lot of motion and play action. Granted he had a great RB but still for D3 play where everyone is open I didn't see a lot of pocket passing except from those passing sets. Maybe I am missing something.

Where does Kimble's schollie count?
Don't count out Wisconsin. They've done well with transfer QBs in the past (Russell Wilson, anyone?).

That said - if we add Rocco Casullo to the staff, I think O'Korn is ours. He might be anyway, but adding his HS coach couldn't hurt.

John O'Korn ‏@JohnOKorn 2m2 minutes ago
Ask BIG. Believe BIG. Expect BIG.

?

?
I'm trying like crazy not to read too much into that.

EDIT: Just went to a Wisconsin board, apparently in addition to a QB recruit they're excited about being set to sign, there's also a former Pitt QB recruit who is in the process of (trying) to get enrolled at Wisconsin.

I'm trying like crazy not to read too much into that.

EDIT: Just went to a Wisconsin board, apparently in addition to a QB recruit they're excited about being set to sign, there's also a former Pitt QB recruit who is in the process of (trying) to get enrolled at Wisconsin.
Which means no room for O'Korn? Because that would be good to know.

I dont see alot of variation in the Elmhurst offense. This scares me. I hope he knows that he will not be sucessful at the D1 level with two formations.

Georgia Tech begs to differ.

Georgia Tech begs to differ.
Elmuhurst offense is not GTech. Gtech plays unique offense that dosent need alot of different looks. They want you to think its the same play. Thats part of their scheme and decpetion. Ive watched alot of Elmhurts games from 2012. Not alot of multiple looks.

?
I don't believe this is a nod to the Big Ten, because normally when people refer to it in abbreviation they put a 1 in place of the I (B1G vs BIG). Maybe thats just me being optimistic, maybe not.

Wisconsin... I have a bunch of words I'd love to say right now.

I don't believe this is a nod to the Big Ten, because normally when people refer to it in abbreviation they put a 1 in place of the I (B1G vs BIG). Maybe thats just me being optimistic, maybe not.

Could it be Texas and the big 12?

Absolutely... it's Twitter.
Now that I think about it, why would he tweet about a conference instead of about an individual team? It's not like he has a desperate need to join any one conference, based on the teams he was trying to join.