Class of 2016 - QB Jordan Fuller (NJ) Verbal to Ohio St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Jordan Fuller (NJ) Verbal to Ohio St

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/h...s-to-finish-what-his-brother-started-1.612874

OLD TAPPAN — Jordan Fuller is only a sophomore, but he’s no stranger to the spotlight.Even before he set foot in a high school classroom, the Old Tappan quarterback/wide receiver/defensive back received a scholarship offer from Rutgers. Fuller missed his freshman season with an elbow injury that required surgery, but still received another scholarship offer from UCLA — where big brother Devin stars — three weeks into this season.Pedigree and potential. That’s quite a combination.That’s what makes Fuller such an intriguing story as third-seeded Old Tappan prepares for Friday night’s North 1, Group 4 playoff opener against Randolph.“He’s doing fine,” Old Tappan coach Brian Dunn said before Monday’s practice. “He’s playing a lot of football and getting his feet back on track after missing a year.“Like any sophomore, he’s still learning the ropes. But he’s getting better.”Fuller has had a solid debut season on both sides of the ball for the Golden Knights (8-1), ranked No. 6 in The Record football Top 25 and one of the most balanced teams in North Jersey.The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder has thrown for only 90 yards and a touchdown, but he’s Old Tappan’s leading rusher with 594 yards and three touchdowns on 63 carries. Fuller has caught 11 passes for 157 yards, and with kickoff and punt returns, has churned out 1,095 all-purpose yards.“I’m just doing the best I can,” Fuller said. “We have a lot of athletes on this team, and our offense works because everyone is doing their job.”And it’s clear that Fuller is not afraid to get his hands dirty carrying his part of the load. He may emerge as one of North Jersey’s premier quarterbacks over the next two seasons, but for now he talks about blocking and making the right cuts on running his routes.Fuller also has impressed Dunn with his ability at free safety, making 50 tackles, deflecting seven passes, and grabbing an interception. The Golden Knights have carved out a reputation as a top-shelf defensive team, but they also have scored 35 points or more in five of their eight wins.“Our defense is strong and we work very hard in practice,” Fuller said. “Our offense might not get the publicity it should, but we have the athletes to do well.”Fuller said this season has been a major learning experience, and a big step in his development as a quarterback.“When you’re quarterback, sometimes it seems like it’s all on you,” Fuller said. “But I’ve noticed that it’s really not. We have good running backs and strong blocking from the line, and we all have to work well together.”Devin Fuller turned in some of the greatest playoff performances in Old Tappan history, taking the Golden Knights to two consecutive sectional title games before accepting his UCLA scholarship. That’s a tough act to follow, but the younger Fuller said he doesn’t worry about comparisons.“I’m not him,” Fuller said with a big smile.Fuller said he talks to his brother when he can, and Devin’s pre-playoff advice was simple and to the point.“Just do your best and the rest will take care of itself,” Fuller said.Dunn has brought Fuller along slowly, using him in situations that maximize his skills. Fuller doesn’t have the pressure of having to carry the team, although he’s anxious to see what playoff football brings.“I’m really excited to see what this team can do,” Fuller said. “I know we can win if we just keep working hard.” - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/h...ler-hopes-to-finish-what-his-brother-started-

2016 Old Tappan QB Jordan Fuller offered by #Syracuse
Old Tappan is right on the NY/NJ border, just west of the Hudson River.

Our man in Old Tappan is Madei Williams, a QB coach and former SU letterman at that position.

They surely know each other...

Linkage

Old Tappan is right on the NY/NJ border, just west of the Hudson River.

Our man in Old Tappan is Madei Williams, a QB coach and former SU letterman at that position.

They surely know each other...

Linkage

Tom you are like Syracuse Footballs' six degrees to Kevin Bacon.;)

I actually saw Jordan Fuller play this year against my former hs northern valley Demarest and was impressed with him. He mainly played receiver, in fact I don't think he took one snap as a qb, so I'm guessing that much like his older brother whose at UCLA he will be a receiver in college.

I am family friends with the Fullers. I know his brother and father very well. Hopefully he chooses SU (Although, I would be very surprised.)

I actually saw Jordan Fuller play this year against my former hs northern valley Demarest and was impressed with him. He mainly played receiver, in fact I don't think he took one snap as a qb, so I'm guessing that much like his older brother whose at UCLA he will be a receiver in college.

Are you from Demarest? I'm from Norwood. Small world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom