Class of 2016 - QB Josh Jackson (MI) Grad Transfer to UMD | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Josh Jackson (MI) Grad Transfer to UMD

CuseLegacy

B5A6H8ICYAAfOBX.jpg:large

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/n...rterback-josh-jackson-with-scholarship-offer/

Football
Utah football team surprises Saline quarterback Josh Jackson with scholarship offer

photo-gallery-saline-quarterback-josh-jackson-generating-significant-division-1-interest-1043f2acb28e43b2.jpg

By Michael Niziolek | mniziole@MLive.com
on March 12, 2015 9:00 AM

SALINE -- Saline quarterback Josh Jackson is generating recruiting interest from coast to coast.

The Hornets junior received a surprise offer Wednesday night from Utah. He already has offers from Northwestern, Eastern Michigan, West Virginia, Buffalo, Air Force, Bowling Green and Miami (OH).

“They found me on Twitter, and asked if they could give me a call,” Jackson said. “It all happened pretty quickly. I talked with their coaches for about 10 minutes. They said they rarely offer players from Michigan, but they enjoyed my film.”

It was Saline coach Joe Palka’s connections that helped get Jackson’s film in front of Utah’s coaching staff. A staff that let Jackson know that the starting quarterback spot will be up for grabs in 2016.

Since coach Kyle Wittingham took over for Urban Meyer in 2005, the Utes are 85-43 with seven wins in eight bowl appearances. They went undefeated in 2008, and beat Alabama 31-17 in the Sugar Bowl. The team joined the Pac-12 in 2011 with Colorado.

“It’s a pretty awesome, they have been very successful over the last decade,” Jackson said. “It was a pleasant surprise.”

The other development on the recruiting trail for Jackson was a positive visit to Northwestern.

“I really enjoyed it,” Jackson said. “My family enjoyed it. It was exciting to see what they have planned. They are basically getting new facilities for everything football related including a new indoor (practice) facility right on the lake.”

Jackson enjoyed meeting Wildcats coach Pat Fitzgerald, who he called very “straight forward" guy. He was able to watch one of the team’s “fast paced” spring practices.

“Coach was pretty amped up the entire time,” Jackson said, laughing.

His next stop will be an unofficial visit to Oklahoma. The school hasn’t offered Jackson yet, but he’s been talking with Sooners offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley, and hopes to talk with coach Bob Stoops soon.

Jackson was planning on visiting West Virginia for the football program’s junior day, but is rescheduling that visit to be there on a weekend without that many other potential recruits.

Really like this kids film, appears to have good size and strength. Makes some nice throws and has adequate wheels to get things done on the ground. Very relaxed in the pocket.

Offers include Air Force, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Northwestern, Wake, WVU, Syracuse

Putting his name on a jersey isn't a violation considering he hasn't even signed his NLI? NCAA needs to update their rules for modern day social media.

Putting his name on a jersey isn't a violation considering he hasn't even signed his NLI? NCAA needs to update their rules for modern day social media.

Not in the Fringe Alternate Universe. ;)

It was made by a fan. It's allowed in that case.

He's done Diane Kruger. Gotta give him ups for that one.

Yeah but since she ended up with Asperger's and started serving as an El Paso detective she has lost her luster for me.

that is a violation

All this type of photoshop and videos out there right now is fanbase generated. The schools can't send any recruiting material of that type to prospects right now...not until the beginning of their Senior year I believe.

All this type of photoshop and videos out there right now is fanbase generated. The schools can't send any recruiting material of that type to prospects right now...not until the beginning of their Senior year I believe.

thought it was a school edit. my bad

Yeah but since she ended up with Asperger's and started serving as an El Paso detective she has lost her luster for me.
When the hell did that happen?

ETA: found out that she plays a character on TV who has Asperger's. Diane, though, does not.

For what it's worth, this is the newest person Sean Lewis started to follow tonight. Sounds like he's the next on the list of committed QBs they want to go back to.

For what it's worth, this is the newest person Sean Lewis started to follow tonight. Sounds like he's the next on the list of committed QBs they want to go back to.

Do you get the feel that we are looking to add a third QB to the class or looking for a replacement for one?