Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

This has got end the Morris flip speculation, as well.
I'd say that's 90%, yeah. But I'm not gonna close the door on it entirely, because the staff could view Scott as a WR or DB down the road, so it all just depends on how things play out.

I like what I see. He looks like a poor man's Manziel/Boykin in his highlight reel. I think he's a good alternative to Culpepper in this class. They seem to be really different style qb's.

pulling-my-hair-out.gif
We're not. He virtually visited campus. Space Age Technology.

Since so many have made an issue of no visit, there is a free article up on Scoot that says he is in the process of scheduling one. I would post it, but don't believe I am allowed to.

If Lester likes the kid, I'll trust him. Film looks good. Lester seems to be very good with his QB's he's brought in to SU.
We have to trust Lester on this one. I actually liked the kid from Tennessee better. He was taller and had good speed. 5-11 to 6-0 QB's...Russel Wilson and Drew Brees aside, not too many good ones at that size...

Offers from Air Force, Army, Navy & Harvard. Kid's not a dummy. Fits the bill in what the coaching staff looks for.
Yep - and other P5 schools reportedly showing a lot of interest lately: Duke, Cal, Georgia Tech. That's a pretty solid group of academic schools.

We have to trust Lester on this one. I actually liked the kid from Tennessee better. He was taller and had good speed. 5-11 to 6-0 QB's...Russel Wilson and Drew Brees aside, not too many good ones at that size...
Not many good ones at the PRO level. But there have been plenty who have done well at the college level. Joe Hamilton from Georgia Tech immediately springs to mind.

Based on his offer list I am assuming he is a smart kid.

Air Force
Alcorn State
Arkansas State
Colgate
Grambling State
Harvard
Louisiana-Monroe
Navy
New Mexico State
Southern University
Texas Southern

Based on his offer list I am assuming he is a smart kid.

Air Force
Alcorn State
Arkansas State
Colgate
Grambling State
Harvard
Louisiana-Monroe
Navy
New Mexico State
Southern University
Texas Southern

Yep anytime the service academies are offering a kid, I'm impressed.

Not many good ones at the PRO level. But there have been plenty who have done well at the college level. Joe Hamilton from Georgia Tech immediately springs to mind.

It seems like an obvious point but his pro potential should be meaningless to us. Sure, if he can play in the NFL then he can play college ball but it's not either/or as you point out. If he's a great college player but doesn't have the measurables to play in the pros, I'm fine with that. McNabb's performance in the league didn't help us win any games or recruit an adequate replacement so that we could point to that as a reason to only bring in kids with pro dimensions. If grabbing college standouts with no pro potential is a niche we can own, I say take it!

I think where the questions need to be directed is whether he even has the potential to be a college standout. It's always a bit scary when we're the only BCS-level team offering, but hey it worked with Dungey so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Good call. Hamilton was excellent in college.

Good call. Hamilton was excellent in college.
Yeah, I just looked up his stats. Senior year he passed for more than 3000 yards with a 67% completion rate, and also rushed for more than 700 yards. That's pretty damn stellar.

Actually there current qb Justin Thomas is probably better than Joe Hamilton right now, and he's about 5'10 - 5'11. He was a big time recruit committed to Bama, but he wanted to play QB, and they were the only school to offer him a scholarship as a QB.

Obviously, talented QB who has good grades and is a bit undersized. Sounds good to me. Welcome aboard.