Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Anybody wanting to see tape on him from this year, FWIW, his team played Calvary Baptist last month (9/25) on ESPNU. The game is still up for replay watch ESPN as of today for anybody that has time or is bored.

SPOILER ALERT:

his team lost and he was hurt in the first quarter on a late hit after he scored. He did come back, threw a TD and and scored on another run against a good team. Both teams looked like at least D3 teams, the linemen were that big. I didn't watch the whole thing, and fast forwarding really isn't an option.

All right. This kid is a spark plug. Not tall. But that seems to be the only negative.

1. Superb accuracy. Superb. It jumps off the film. Doesn't matter how far downfield he throws it, he throws it on a dime. Wow. Seriously most impressive accuracy for a QB recruit that I've seen for Syracuse in a long time. Others might beg to differ. But that's top notch.

2. He has an arm. This physical attribute is soooooo overrated by everybody. Just because a kid can launch it doesn't mean anything if you can't do #1. And he can do 1 and 2

3. He is elusive. Moves in the pocket and out of the pocket with fluidity, takes hits, and keeps going

4. He is fast. Gets separation from defenses on multiple occasions when he has room to run

5. He is the perfect fit for Syracuse's offense under Lester. Perfect. Can throw it, can run it, can get around the edge, can make the intermediate pass.

Fantastic get here. I can see why the NOLA analyst was bemoaning the fact that Scott doesn't have more Power 5 offers, even saying LSU should be on him. Another all-state selection with no Power 5's except Syracuse. Hello, Eric Dungey.

Orijinal said:
All right. This kid is a spark plug. Not tall. But that seems to be the only negative. 1. Superb accuracy. Superb. It jumps off the film. Doesn't matter how far downfield he throws it, he throws it on a dime. Wow. Seriously most impressive accuracy for a QB recruit that I've seen for Syracuse in a long time. Others might beg to differ. But that's top notch. 2. He has an arm. This physical attribute is soooooo overrated by everybody. Just because a kid can launch it doesn't mean anything if you can't do #1. And he can do 1 and 2 3. He is elusive. Moves in the pocket and out of the pocket with fluidity, takes hits, and keeps going 4. He is fast. Gets separation from defenses on multiple occasions when he has room to run 5. He is the perfect fit for Syracuse's offense under Lester. Perfect. Can throw it, can run it, can get around the edge, can make the intermediate pass. Fantastic get here. I can see why the NOLA analyst was bemoaning the fact that Scott doesn't have more Power 5 offers, even saying LSU should be on him. Another all-state selection with no Power 5's except Syracuse. Hello, Eric Dungey.
A million times yes. Absolutely love the film. Kid has an "it" factor.

SB Nation's recruiting analyst Bud Elliott, on the TNIAAM article about Scott:

"I've seen him in person
He’s short, but he does have a strong arm. Much better player than Rex Culpepper. This is a good pickup for Syracuse. He definitely works hard and is a good leader, at least from what I saw this summer."

That's an interesting comment because I thought that Rex's junior film looked pretty damn good.

Besides being a little short, I like him. I like him more than Rex.

That's an interesting comment because I thought that Rex's junior film looked pretty damn good.
Has there been more than one video of Rex kicking around? The one I saw I couldn't tell what he brings to the table as it showed a somewhat slow footed QB completing dunk off passes. Not trying to be negative.

Has there been more than one video of Rex kicking around? The one I saw I couldn't tell what he brings to the table as it showed a somewhat slow footed QB completing dunk off passes. Not trying to be negative.
Be careful critiquing Rex. I caught some heat.

Be careful critiquing Rex. I caught some heat.

For myself,I just will not criticize a recruit committed or not out of self respect. You just can't really fault a kid and his family for trying to get what is best for a kid. If they are getting offers then their must be something there. Now if they actually sign with Rutgers all bets are off.

For myself,I just will not criticize a recruit committed or not out of self respect. You just can't really fault a kid and his family for trying to get what is best for a kid. If they are getting offers then their must be something there. Now if they actually sign with Rutgers all bets are off.
And I'm not saying he brings nothing, just saying his tape could have shown more of his game.

And I'm not saying he brings nothing, just saying his tape could have shown more of his game.
Didn't say you did,I said for myself.

His Junior highlight video in HUDL doesn't look anything like that.

See the beginning of Rex's thread (Post #2)

Any chance of January enrollment?
Good question. He's been getting recruited by the service academies, Harvard, etc, so I assume he's got to be at least moderately close to being able to swing that.