Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

I don't know why I've gotten so much flame in this thread for pointing out the obvious (height is an advantage at QB). Obviously, it's not the only factor, and sometimes talent doesn't fit neatly in categories. However, there's a reason, many BCS college programs don't even consider kids under 6'2 unless they're exceptional talents. Check out the college scouts recruiting guide for QB:

Low D2/NAIA/All D3 Quarterback
Physical Measurables:
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
Stats:
  • 40yd: 4.8
  • Bench: 205 lbs.
  • Squat: 315 lbs.
Low FCS/High D2/High NAIA Quarterback
Physical Measurables:
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
Stats:
  • 40yd: 4.7
  • Bench: 225 lbs.
  • Squat: 345 lbs.
Non-BCS and/or High FCS Quarterback
Physical Measurables:
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
Stats:
  • 40yd: 4.6
  • Bench: 250 lbs.
  • Squat: 385 lbs.
BCS Quarterback
Physical Measurables:
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 220 lbs.
Stats:
  • 40yd: 4.5
  • Bench: 260 lbs.
  • Squat: 425 lbs.
download.jpg

His Dad was a WR for the Saints and his height is listed as 6'1". Maybe he'll grow a couple inches. If they list him at 5'10" is he really 5'8"?

The 5-10 measurement was taken in the spring of 2014 at a NIKE camp. It's an actual measurement. However, it was also over a year ago when he was a sophomore.

I would love to see just about any 6'4" QB squat 425.

6'4 220lbs & run a 4.5? Is there even a single one of those guys in college right now? Just looked through the last 3 years of espns recruiting rankings and can't find a single one. Was a trip down memory lane seeing Edouard and AJ ranked ahead of Kizer & Pat Mahomes in the '14 rankings.

If you all want to continue this discussion feel free to start a thread that deals with height, weight or any other attributes you might think is a necessity in recruiting players. However let's try and keep recruits threads about what is going on in the recruitment of the prospect or accomplishments or lack thereof on the football field.

This kid looks thicker then I remember from his other videos. Cat-quick & built like a fire-hydrant? Me likey!

After watching the Temple/ND game, I imagined the Temple QB to be an accurate comparison.