Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Screams "athlete" and not "QB" for the next level, at least to me. At 6-0, with his athleticism, I have a feeling he winds up at DB.

Not a fan of his throwing motion, shot-put like. (Being extremely picky)

Last edited:
He has a nice throwing motion and a strong arm along with great speed. His height is a concern for me. Of the two QB's Lester went to see this week, I like the film on Zack Weatherly from Tennessee better. That kid reminds me of Drew Brees but is listed at 6-2 and 4-5 speed. Lester is doing a great job of identifying QB talent for his system so far. It will be interesting to see which one he offers...or if he offers both!

I hope this isn't another mistaken "noncommittable" offer situation.

th

Not a fan of his throwing motion, shot-put like.

It is a bit awkward but it gets there in a hurry, looks to have pretty good velocity on everything

But they saw him play in person...like Brinson.

DO
As big-time recruits have started verbally committing as sophomores and juniors, Shafer said SU’s coaching staff added a prerequisite this year. In order to further evaluate prospects, it wouldn’t accept a commitment unless a player visited campus first, barring extenuating circumstances.

Maybe he is too busy to take an official visit in the fall?

DO
As big-time recruits have started verbally committing as sophomores and juniors, Shafer said SU’s coaching staff added a prerequisite this year. In order to further evaluate prospects, it wouldn’t accept a commitment unless a player visited campus first, barring extenuating circumstances.

Good thing we have the "extenuating circumstances" qualifier.

It is a bit awkward but it gets there in a hurry, looks to have pretty good velocity on everything

Agreed, he can throw it. I bet Lester does some tweaking once he gets here though, looks a little jerky to me.

DO

Again probably the extenuating circumstance is that Lester was able to watch him play in a game last week. I think it is more about being able to evaluate the kid in person rather than a visit to campus.

Plus per NCAA rules the staff is only allowed so many days to do off campus evaluations.

Again probably the extenuating circumstance is that Lester was able to watch him play in a game last week. I think it is more about being able to evaluate the kid in person rather than a visit to campus.

Plus per NCAA rules the staff is only allowed so many days to do off campus evaluations.

The "visiting" thing has been overblown - people take things too literally. I'm sure if Lester personally watches a kid play, they can offer based on that.