Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Just gonna throw this out there: if this kid was 6-3 or 6-4, he'd have an LSU offer.

It's no different than when we took Cam Lynch, really. We all knew that if he was bigger he'd have been at UGA.

no.1 rated QB out of LA. according to the TOS
Now that's impressive...
2 4 7 composite Scott: #29 Dual Threat QB in the country. Rex is the #25 Pro-Style in the country. That's a QB haul!

And we could probably play both of them at some point with the versatility of this offense. I think Scott will see the field regardless of if it's at QB he has serious speed and talent and with the new offense we can highlight that for those teams that play on Sundays.

Actually there current qb Justin Thomas is probably better than Joe Hamilton right now, and he's about 5'10 - 5'11. He was a big time recruit committed to Bama, but he wanted to play QB, and they were the only school to offer him a scholarship as a QB.

I don't know man. Not as a passer. He is completing less than 50% of his passes and only throwing for around 115/ypg. Hamilton finished second in the Heisman voting once and was a better leader than Thomas, imo.

giphy.gif

Scott is the "reigning LSWA Class 5A All-State Outstanding Offensive Player of the Year" who racked up over 400 yards of total offense and five total touchdowns when Lester watched him Friday night.

So does anyone know how the Louisiana school classifications run? what is 5A? Big schools, little schools?

Pretty impressive for a junior to be the player of the year.

High character, intelligent and highly productive athlete. Can play multiple positions if QB doesn't work out. From LA.

Staff identified who they wanted and went out and got him. Kudos, nice pickup for more than one reason.

Scott is the "reigning LSWA Class 5A All-State Outstanding Offensive Player of the Year" who racked up over 400 yards of total offense and five total touchdowns when Lester watched him Friday night.

So does anyone know how the Louisiana school classifications run? what is 5A? Big schools, little schools?

Largest Class, like AA in NY

Largest Class, like AA in NY

I was going to say that's impressive at any class level but at the largest school size, that's just crazy. Especially considering the talent the state puts out.

I get it that maybe nobody likes his height but he's not good enough for p5 offers to play other positions? Kid runs wild in his tapes and throws adequately.

I have to believe now that we pulled the trigger other schools will follow suit.

Last edited:

http://lhsaa.org/sports/sports-directory/fall/football

Not many good ones at the PRO level. But there have been plenty who have done well at the college level. Joe Hamilton from Georgia Tech immediately springs to mind.
That was my first thought when watching his film- Joe Hamilton at GTech.

Im not sure if this kid is the same level of athlete but pat white

I can't believe no one has thrown the Russell Wilson comparison out yet, especially after this Monday Night game!

Really liking Lester's aggressive recruiting tactics. He scours film, identifies who he likes, flies to go see the kid and then seals the deal.

I love the intelligent kids he is recruiting. Couple that with good speed and a nice arm and he is a very good prospect.

Bravo Tim!

All right! We beat Colgate fair and square on this one. Take that, Adonal Foyle!

U could learn a thing or two from rutgersal and predict 4 cknsecutive heismans for this guy.

From what I could find via google-fu, a 5A school in Louisiana has well over 1500 students.

A lot of folks in the right state but looking at the wrong team.

He looks like former UGA star and plant hs product Aaron Murray. Same size, speed/running ability, downfield accuracy... even similar off the shoulder throwing motion.

Let's think beyond skin pigmentation folks. He doesn't play anything like a Ga Tech option qb.

A lot of folks in the right state but looking at the wrong team.

He looks like former UGA star and plant hs product Aaron Murray. Same size, speed/running ability, downfield accuracy... even similar off the shoulder throwing motion.

Let's think beyond skin pigmentation folks. He doesn't play anything like a Ga Tech option qb.
Joe Hamilton was not a Georgia Tech option QB. Dude threw for 3000 yards his senior season. He was a hell of a passer.

No pat white or mike vick not in my mind. not even close.

He's deceptively fast but I don't think he's a burner. Arm strength is adequate about 40/45 yards (of course this is last years film). I think he's a great fit for our offense but I'm not enamored with him. To me he's not much different than AJ Long with better speed.

But the bottom line, in Lester I trust. Scouted in person, he's knows what he's doing, he's a good QB coach and he's lived it.

No pat white or mike vick not in my mind. not even close.

He's deceptively fast but I don't think he's a burner. Arm strength is adequate about 40/45 yards (of course this is last years film). I think he's a great fit for our offense but I'm not enamored with him. To me he's not much different than AJ Long with better speed.

But the bottom line, in Lester I trust. Scouted in person, he's knows what he's doing, he's a good QB coach and he's lived it.
I appreciate your evaluation but this kid is a much better (quicker, faster) athlete, has a much stronger arm and is 35-40 pounds heavier/stronger than Long was as a senior.

Yes, this is last year's film but I read somewhere that he worked with Jeff Garcia's group over the summer to correct aspects of his delivery. Like you, I trust Lester's judgement. Thank God that McF***it isn't making these calls anymore.

Last edited:
if we can make the offense work with Mahoney, and this kid is at a much higher level already, then we can make it work with lots of kids out there with the skill set they want in the position. he threw some nice 50 yd throws and lots of touch passes and seam passes a nice variety and also show escapeability.