Class of 2014 - QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia

I like the O'Korn kid!..Looking at his freshman highlight tape, we don't have a QB on the roster with his skill set. Look at his arm..and his deep ball…..He is faster than Hunt…shows good mobility for a tall kid… Check out the tape…

Most of our OLmen are nearly as fast as Hunt. Straight line speed (4.9) isn't his strong suit.

I don't think we will get both of them. If I am O'Korn, with only two years left, I would want to go someplace..it is almost guaranteed that I would start…..but that is just me…

I was kinda joking. I'd be surprised if we get either of them, but here's to hoping.

Keep in mind, both have to sit out 2015, which is Hunt's senior year. So there won't be too much to compete with by the time they're each eligible to play. Especially with Edouard not making it here.

In the third clip on the scramble you can see he runs just fine. Better than anyone we have now. You see it again later with a scramble and throw. Everything is in shotgun to. He'd be an upgrade times 1000.

Sudano said:
And Offensive Coordinator

A judgement on Lester so soon is a joke. Both of these guys talked with Lester and are considering us.

We'll see this season. (Or next, if we get one of these guys plus Washington at RB).

Looks like he could be a good QB but I would question his decision making.

My initial thought as well but nice decision to aubible once he saw the cultists first hand.

I don't want to take QBs who are available because other schools don't want them.

I don't think we will get both of them. If I am O'Korn, with only two years left, I would want to go someplace..it is almost guaranteed that I would start…..but that is just me…

And that looks like Syracuse University.

xc84 said:
I don't want to take QBs who are available because other schools don't want them.

I don't know. I'd trade our season with Nc State or BC any day of the week.

Quality kids don't want to sit anymore. I have no problem being 2nd choice. I'd rather we be 1st choice, but it is what it is.

In the long term, I agree. But right now, we just need a serviceable QB.
And who knows, given a chance to play, the transfers could blossom and end up being another Russell Wilson, Nick Foles or Joe Flacco.

I don't know enough about either to be choosy. I'll take whichever one wants to commit. Considering what SU has in their QB cupboard, it's worth the little risk.

We need to keep recruiting QBs until we are satisfied that we have found a viable one on the playing field. That is my take on the matter.
Need to take that on step further, we need to have a couple backups we know can play.

baggerbob said:
Need to take that on step further, we need to have a couple backups we know can play.

Agreed.

You can never stop bringing in QB's... As soon as you have one you're comfortable with, their clock is already ticking. Only so much time to find their successor and/or replacement from graduation, injury, draft... Etc.

Always one play away from the next guy. No position on the field means more.

You can never stop bringing in QB's... As soon as you have one you're comfortable with, their clock is already ticking. Only so much time to find their successor and/or replacement from graduation, injury, draft... Etc.

Always one play away from the next guy. No position on the field means more.
I'd say that point was never proven better than this year with Ohio State.

I'd say that point was never proven better than this year with Ohio State.

Absolutely amazing to think that Ohio State's 3rd stringer could've been a heisman winning All-American if he played all year. Absolutely stunning. Embarrassment of riches.

Absolutely amazing to think that Ohio State's 3rd stringer could've been a heisman winning All-American if he played all year. Absolutely stunning. Embarrassment of riches.

Almost as embarrassing as his tweets ... but we will save that for another day.

This kid would be our next difference maker. I hope people realize this, Im sure many do. We can get all the "depth" in the world at QB, but if we dont have a stud (which we dont), then its moot. Get this kid. He is the answer. AJ would be a perfect career backup here IMO>