Class of 2018 - QB Quincy Patterson II (IL) Verbal to Virginia Tech | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Quincy Patterson II (IL) Verbal to Virginia Tech

New Mexico, Penn State, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Syracuse have all offered the 6-foot-4 dual threat quarterback, who has a GPA over 4.0.

Quincy Patterson, Jr., Solorio - At 6-foot-4, 229 pounds, Patterson looks more like a lineman than he does a quarterback. Regardless, the junior has the physical skillset, cannon arm and toughness to score points in bunches, which will be necessary to carry a mediocre Solorio offense. He shapes up to be a top Midwestern prospect in 2018.

Too bad he will only get one year because Tommy D will be an All-American.

Too bad he will only get one year because Tommy D will be an All-American.
Tommy will be the #1 pick in the NFL after his RS Soph Heisman, record breaking year. He will have a few years after that ;)

No reason we don't jump to the top of the list for a stud dual threat QB like this. Just 4 games into the Dino era and these kids are taking notice. I can only imagine the buzz by year 2.

I expect we're going to start seeing a steady stream of 4 star QB's coming to The Hill.

Ex-Syracuse QB Perry Patterson on NCAA report: I was paid for working at YMCA, was not a volunteer

Syracuse, N.Y. — One of the five Syracuse athletes accused in the NCAA report of receiving impermissible extra benefits says he was paid for working a summer job at a YMCA in Oneida.

Perry Patterson, a former Syracuse quarterback from 2003-06, said he provided mentoring and worked basketball tournaments at the YMCA, including coaching, refereeing or setting up the gym.

Patterson, who lives in Switzerland and communicated via Facebook messages, said he signed tax papers and did not consider himself a volunteer. Patterson said a secretary at the Y asked him to sign the tax papers.

"I wouldn't have done it had it been (volunteer work)," Patterson said. "Too time consuming, and I needed to be working to earn money for the summer."

Ex-Syracuse QB Perry Patterson on NCAA report: I was paid for working at YMCA, was not a volunteer

Syracuse, N.Y. — One of the five Syracuse athletes accused in the NCAA report of receiving impermissible extra benefits says he was paid for working a summer job at a YMCA in Oneida.

Perry Patterson, a former Syracuse quarterback from 2003-06, said he provided mentoring and worked basketball tournaments at the YMCA, including coaching, refereeing or setting up the gym.

Patterson, who lives in Switzerland and communicated via Facebook messages, said he signed tax papers and did not consider himself a volunteer. Patterson said a secretary at the Y asked him to sign the tax papers.

"I wouldn't have done it had it been (volunteer work)," Patterson said. "Too time consuming, and I needed to be working to earn money for the summer."
Um, why? :confused:

Are student athletes not allowed to have a job during the summer?

I don't think we went after him hard due to what we have here already.

I don't think we went after him hard due to what we have here already.

That's absurd. We have 0 QBs on the roster that have ever started more than half a season but we're already all set for the future. That's completely ridiculous. Think we've probably had as many 4* or highly regarded QB recruits flame out as turn into starters.

Shock us Quincy, go Orange.

Do you think that we will pull in a quality QB in 2018
I'm not an insider, but I don't think that quarterback or wide receiver are going to be hard to recruit in the future, other than having to choose which of the top quarterbacks and wide receivers we want.

Why wouldn't we bring in more talent at QB?

Only pro's to be had.

-More competition, bring out the best from the best.
-A reserve of able-bodied QB's if/god forbid a starter gets injured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom