Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

i think it was more because he was 3 stars, came on the scene quick for us and the committed quick. No one doubted robert washington's offers. But if he had an ohio state offer, it does seem odd he didnt visit and was so sold on cuse. So again, fair question.

And we know that he never, ever took an unofficial visit to OSU or any of the other schools on his list how?

Wonder if sis got an offer too? Could Asia W. and Lil' Culpepper both be coming to SU too? Talk about the family connection.

And we know that he never, ever took an unofficial visit to OSU or any of the other schools on his list how?

I was just going off other guys post. Im not sure it he visited osu. I also know cardale jones was a three star but it was the combination of factors as i wrote that had my curious as well.

Wonder if sis got an offer too? Could Asia W. and Lil' Culpepper both be coming to SU too? Talk about the family connection.

I think she is a little too young to be offered... but I was wondering if she played BB when I saw the Basketball in her hands in the one photo. I am sure Coach Q showed her all around.

Future SU WBB Player?

This is at the Melo Center right?

Does everyone believe this kids offer list? Not saying Im doubting it just seems odd, he commits here and doesn't visit Clemson or OSU?

Just look at all of the offers we have out right now. We would probably only accept a commitment from half of them. It doesn't mean they weren't legit offers though. Spots fill up quick at the factory schools, especially at the quarterback position where almost everyone commits early for that very reason. This kid has taken visits all over the country. This is a great addition to the class.

From a physical standpoint, I can absolutely see it. They're both about the same size and really physically impressive. Tebow was a terrific runner. But man, he's literally one of the worst passers in NFL history (statistics back this up). I have nothing against Tebow as a person - he seems like an amazing dude - but he's a horrible QB. It pains me that my Eagles signed him.
May our next 5 qbs become the 5 statistically worst NFL qbs ever.

Pretty awesome to see that she meet with Q. Seems like they are pretty tight on the Hill with the track coaches meeting with Asia and Q with little Culpepper. Seems like it really is a family atmosphere as we hear it is.

Shrmdougluvr said:
I was browsing one of the Gator fansites and the fans there universally loathe the Plant head coach. Apparently he never sends any recruits their way. They assumed Culpepper would be different though given all of the legacy connections.

Hopefully he enjoyed his visit as well ;)

I said it before and I'll say it again. We caught a break by getting Washington to commit when he did. Now we have a kid with some clout at QB who has given his verbal. If we can maintain a "decent" (I will go out on a limb and say .500) season the chips will eventually fall into place. I think it would be different if Washington was a local NY kid, but he isn't. The excuse would be he just wants to stay at home. Good players will take notice before NSD because good players want to play together. I hope we can eventually get some good OL with offers from some of the big boys.

I completely agree with what everyone said about his father helping him make his decision. He played at Florida and in the NFL. I think he knows what he's doing. He is obviously more confident in Lester's offense than most of us are. I am getting excited again for this season even after last year's debacle. Go Cuse.

I said it before and I'll say it again. We caught a break by getting Washington to commit when he did. Now we have a kid with some clout at QB who has given his verbal. If we can maintain a "decent" (I will go out on a limb and say .500) season the chips will eventually fall into place. I think it would be different if Washington was a local NY kid, but he isn't. The excuse would be he just wants to stay at home. Good players will take notice before NSD because good players want to play together. I hope we can eventually get some good OL with offers from some of the big boys.

I completely agree with what everyone said about his father helping him make his decision. He played at Florida and in the NFL. I think he knows what he's doing. He is obviously more confident in Lester's offense than most of us are. I am getting excited again for this season even after last year's debacle. Go Cuse.

Agreed.

And now we need:
  • Lester to show he has the chops to be a quality OC
  • The team to be over .500 and get back to a bowl
  • Momentum to build now that we've landed two high profile recruits at key positions
  • Other highly rated skilled position guys to take note and sign up to play with Washington / Culpepper
I couldn't be more pleased with how this is setting up. Man, did we need a shot in the arm on the recruiting trail. This will give our coaching staff something EXCITING to "sell" to prospective recruits. And if the first bullet point comes to pass, the second one is possible, too -- and the coaches will be able to sustain momentum throughout a pivotal season in program history.

It's a good day for Orange football.

We did this the other day. The sites listing his offers only posts confirmed by coach offers. They may not be top of the board committable but he had offers from those schools no question no doubt
Not trying to say you are wrong and not saying Culpepper didn't have the offers (cause I don't really know) but a name everyone here should remember is Deion Hallmon...he had a ton of "offers".

Man, can everyone play nice? Is this going to be the first thread in history to be locked the day a kid commits?

I don't give a crap what other offers this kid has (and I am typically an offers guy). Bloodlines, excitement from the family and the fact he is a potential early enrollee when the QB job will be wide open in 2016 should be all we need to know and be happy with! :E:E

They did some shopping at Manny's as well. And why not!!!

CHFtkw5WcAIZUDk.jpg

This is just speculation but...

His offers are all real but I think maybe school's QB slots started filling up and he got left standing when the music stopped.

We saw the chance to land him and started going hard and he quickly moved ahead of Brown. His family is savvy enough to see the opportunity Cuse provides in the ACC and it's a win/win