Class of 2016 - QB Sawyer Smith (FL) verbal to Troy | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Sawyer Smith (FL) verbal to Troy

That is a suburb of Pensacola...not far from Luverne, AL.

wonder if they see him as an athlete instead of QB.

Dual threat QB with offers from...

Air Force, Miss. St.,USF, Southern Miss, Troy, Syracuse

wow committed to play baseball at Bama in 2013

http://www.northescambia.com/2013/10/tates-sawyer-smith-makes-verbal-commitment-to-alabama

Tate’s Sawyer Smith Makes Verbal Commitment To Alabama
October 22, 2013

Sawyer Smith, quarterback for the Tate Aggies and baseball standout, has made a verbal commitment to the Alabama Crimson Tide baseball program.

Smith and family made a recruiting visit to Tuscaloosa over the weekend. Sawyer’s brother Austen Smith is a senior at Alabama and plays first base.

I don't get all of these dual-threat offers? I don't see where that would fit in Lester's offense? Just look at the lack of success over the years at the position. They've almost all been dual-threats qb's, with the exception of Nassib, who coincidentally (or not) happened to be a pocket passer. Unless you are Oregon, Auburn, or Ohio St, who's offenses specifically need a running qb, I don't really get the reason?

I don't think we're winning (yes, there was Nassib) without dual-threat QBs. That's all BC is recruiting now.

PhatOrange said:
If you don't think a dual threat Qb fits in Lester's offense then you haven't been paying attention.

Pay attention to what? He hasn't called a play yet running his offense? He also said he never used a dual-threat , but how McDonald used them intrigued him. Not sure where you're coming from?

Pay attention to what? He hasn't called a play yet running his offense? He also said he never used a dual-threat , but how McDonald used them intrigued him. Not sure where you're coming from?

the QB keeps the ball and runs a lot in his D3 videos - by design.

If Dan Mullen wants him, that's good enough for me.

You can definitely tell he's a baseball player by the way he throws. Felt the same way watching Kenterius Womack's video. He throws it like a baseball player playing football. Not that I'm saying he throws it poorly - he throws it really well. It's a really impressive film.

Anybody know where we stand with Smith? Now that Brown has gone to BC we hopefully aren't scrambling to find a QB we want to take, and smith is an impressive candidate.

Would take both Smith and Moore. Smith looks like an impressive athlete all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom