Class of 2016 - QB Sonny Abramson (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Sonny Abramson (NJ) Offered

Wow I had no idea he was #96 in the 2016 ESPN 300

Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Wow I had no idea he was #96 in the 2016 ESPN 300

Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Between him and Zembiac, we are going all-hands-on-deck after one of them in 2016.

Between him and Zembiac, we are going all-hands-on-deck after one of them in 2016.

Honestly I don't think we have a prayer with Zembiac. Sonny on the other hand loves us.

Honestly I don't think we have a prayer with Zembiac. Sonny on the other hand loves us.
Do you think this kid fits our new dual threat system or do you think we'd change to accommodate his top 100 talent?

Do you think this kid fits our new dual threat system or do you think we'd change to accommodate his top 100 talent?

We seem to think he will fit fine. Honestly I haven't watched much tape on him, but I think he is pretty mobile. It could be his current offensive scheme that has him grouped as a PP?

We seem to think he will fit fine. Honestly I haven't watched much tape on him, but I think he is pretty mobile. It could be his current offensive scheme that has him grouped as a PP?
Yeah makes sense, I think Austin Wilson got the same treatment from the recruiting sites. He looked pretty quick on his feet at the spring game, enough to make the threat of the read-option viable.

For some reason I am not liking his throwing mechanics. It's like he throws more with his shoulder more then he needs to. His deep balls seem to max out at 40 yards, but this kid is young in the video.

1. Sonny Abramson‏@SonnyAbramson 6m
  2. So excited to have received an offer from Syracuse #Cuse
I really like his presence in the pocket and quick release. First player I have ever seen that really reminded me of Joe Namath (the number doesn't hurt either). Is there any film of him from his sophomore season?

[/MEDIA]

Ask and ye shall receive...

Nice. Seemed to me that he didn't throw deep as much but there were a number of instances where he showed good speed and agility. Certainly more than Nassib and I am pretty sure he is faster than Hunt too (thought not nearly as strong).

Wow what a tape, pretty sure he could probably line up under center for us now.

[/MEDIA]

Ask and ye shall receive...

This kid is the real deal, definitely provides a viable scramble and read option factor and whoever edited this video needs to do it for a living if they don't already...tape is fire. couchburn

Jeebus. That kid has COMMAND. Insane tape for a HS sophomore.

Received an offer from Vandy yesterday.

Sonny Abramson@SonnyAbramson · 10h
Great day at Vanderbilt today. Thank you coach Mason and coach Dorrell for the offer. It's an honor. #AnchorDown #SEC

VandySportscom‏@VandySportscom 9h
Vanderbilt offers 2016 QB Sonny Abramson @SonnyAbramson. He becomes the 1st 2016 QB to receive an offer from Mason & company.

Last edited:
Sonny Abramson‏@SonnyAbramson 1h
Great visit at Wake Forest today! Thank you Coach Clawson and Coach Ruggiero for the offer. #TheAwakening #WakeForest#DemonDeacons