Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

I'm willing to bet we land at least 2-3 of the kids who visited this weekend, and sooner rather than later.

I'm on board with your optimism. Lets do it. So many guys great players since i was old enough to really understand. Morant, Dumas, Scanlon, Tyree, Kevin Johnson, Quinton Spotwood etc off the top of my head, so many.

B_CeC5UW8AAjq_M.jpg

Previous
Next

DAD, I assume that is who it is, is awesome! Must be a KISS fan. I want this kid if not for the reason that his awesome dad will be kicking around the Dome.
images

Can only imagine how awesome tailgates would be with the TD's, Brewers, Clarks, and Browns.

Getting back to nabbing high priority NJ recruits is a must. Let's hope we take another two steps forward with the 2016 class.
Acosta is killing it in Jersey. Last year was a good start. Getting back into Jersey is huge for us going forward. Jersey was always good to us and we should have never let ourselves be shut out…..by Rutgers……

It was always said one big reason for filling up 2015 early, would be so we could get 2016 rolling earlier. Here's hoping it does start to come soon form ome highly talented kids

I really need to learn to be productive when it comes to actual work:

(For those who don't play video games, this is a take on NCAA Football/Madden with that ring he's standing on, and the video game graphic field)

What can Brown do for you?

Free article...

Jack Brotzki retweeted 5h5 hours ago
Scout breaks down the East Region by position. Here are the top 20 East Quarterbacks! http://on.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./JSWWR

Both Brown and Brotzki on the list.

Anthony Brown just tweeted that apparently TOS now has him rated as the #6 QB on the east coast.

I think it was for the East/Northeast region, not East coast. Pretty sure it didnt include the southeast (florida, georgia, etc.) Still, the kid is a great prospect and it'd be awesome to see him in Orange! I think we have a great shot here.

Free article...

Jack Brotzki retweeted 5h5 hours ago
Scout breaks down the East Region by position. Here are the top 20 East Quarterbacks! http://on.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./JSWWR

Both Brown and Brotzki on the list.

I was surprised Brotzki was that high (10 I think). We're his only offer right now and I think hes a backup plan.

Maybe we take more than one QB again this recruiting cycle.

Could be if they dont like what we have or someone moves on. We have less scholarships this year though (for now). I'd rather see them offer the kid from Georgia that JarheadJim knows than to use a scholly on Brotzki at this point.

I was surprised Brotzki was that high (10 I think). We're his only offer right now and I think hes a backup plan.
The TOS ranking wasn't exactly in depth. Brotzki's write up was limited to his Syracuse connection.

I think it was for the East/Northeast region, not East coast. Pretty sure it didnt include the southeast (florida, georgia, etc.) Still, the kid is a great prospect and it'd be awesome to see him in Orange! I think we have a great shot here.

Yeah it was, it cut off at Virginia. So Virginia/West Virginia and North. Still a good ranking considering it included NJ, PA, MD and VA.

Yeah it was, it cut off at Virginia. So Virginia/West Virginia and North. Still a good ranking considering it included NJ, PA, MD and VA.

Definitely still good and he could move up if he does better than last year, which I think he will. I think he'll be a consensus 4 star by the end of his senior year barring injury. Kid is a baller. Would be another great pickup in Jersey. Really hope we can keep Acosta around after this year. I think he'll be in high demand with another strong Jersey haul. Teams all over the country try to recruit there.

Any thoughts on how AJ Long's redshirt affects recruiting the QB position and particularly how it affects Brown (since both guys train with Madei Williams)?

should have no effect. If one of the QB recruits is worried about our QB roster then they’re probably not that good.
I just think it puts Madei in an odd spot and makes it harder for him to push SU for Brown, because it's like he's saying he can't coach up Long, or that the SU coaches are stringing AJ along with no intention of letting him see the field (not a good message).

Also does this mean Womack and/or Dungey don't redshirt? Would we want 3 QBs fighting for that spot and only Austin Wilson with the experience?

Can we pitch the position to a recruit with a guaranteed redshirt attached? I know many programs do, but we are not in the position to suggest we don't have playing time available for at least a year. PT and early opportunity is part of our pitch I thought.

It's all probably not as big a thing as I am making it sound, but I do feel the AJ redshirt messes up the recruiting a bit.