Class of 2016 - QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Anthony Brown (NJ) verbal to Boston College

TheCusian said:
You never know - but I get the feeling he's sold on us but wants to do due diligence (which is smart).

I don't know man. I really hope this is true, but I have a very bad feeling about it.

I don't know man. I really hope this is true, but I have a very bad feeling about it.
I don't. All indications I've heard are that SU is still #1 on his list. Obviously a great visit to Tech could change that, but right now, we're still the frontrunner.

This Article Was Highly Disturbing

St. John Vianney (N.J.) High School junior quarterback Anthony Brownhas been a main target for the Orange this offseason, but it appears the young passer is going to take his talents to Virginia Tech, according to a report by Syracuse.com.

Brown, a three-star dual threat quarterback, is scheduled to visit Virginia Tech next weekend and will announce his verbal commitment shortly after, according to Syracuse.com.

In 2014, Brown passed for 2,144 yards and 24 touchdowns, while running for 708 yards and eight scores to be named the Class A Central Player of the Year.

Then I realized it was a Fox Sports article, and that the writer could not read, and I felt much better.

That is hilarious.

Oh please weren't you the same guy saying we'd get that Robert Washington kid? How'd that work out for us?
Is this a bad time to mention that a school that's not on Moe Neal's top 5 list might be the biggest threat to steal him from us?

Is this a bad time to mention that a school that's not on Moe Neal's top 5 list might be the biggest threat to steal him from us?
You have our attention...who?

Seriously if this were Survivor I would vote you right off the island right now.

This Article Was Highly Disturbing

St. John Vianney (N.J.) High School junior quarterback Anthony Brownhas been a main target for the Orange this offseason, but it appears the young passer is going to take his talents to Virginia Tech, according to a report by Syracuse.com.

Brown, a three-star dual threat quarterback, is scheduled to visit Virginia Tech next weekend and will announce his verbal commitment shortly after, according to Syracuse.com.

In 2014, Brown passed for 2,144 yards and 24 touchdowns, while running for 708 yards and eight scores to be named the Class A Central Player of the Year.

Then I realized it was a Fox Sports article, and that the writer could not read, and I felt much better.
Well clearly he is pulling a Robert Washington. Telling people he is going to VT but will announce Cuse. It's kinda obvious now, right?:cool:

Well we just offered a pretty good QB committed to SMU, so I'm guessing we are not getting Brown unfortunately.

I don't. All indications I've heard are that SU is still #1 on his list. Obviously a great visit to Tech could change that, but right now, we're still the frontrunner.
I don't feel nearly as good as I should about this. Cuse is still probably the leader right now, but VT definitely has his attention.

Well we just offered a pretty good QB committed to SMU, so I'm guessing we are not getting Brown unfortunately.
That's a really dumb assumption. We've offered other QBs, too. This is a QB we were planning on seeing this week and were going to offer unless Brown had already committed. This has NOTHING to do with Brown's status.

That's a really dumb assumption. We've offered other QBs, too. This is a QB we were planning on seeing this week and were going to offer unless Brown had already committed. This has NOTHING to do with Brown's status.
Brown still might choose Syracuse, but when you keep changing the date to make a decision, it seems just waiting for a reason to go elsewhere.

baggerbob said:
Brown still might choose Syracuse, but when you keep changing the date to make a decision, it seems just waiting for a reason to go elsewhere.

He changed it once, I think.

Well it's pretty unfortunate you think it's a dumb assumption because stuff like that happens all the time where coaches don't feel to good about someone and then offer someone else...hope I'm wrong about Brown but happens all the time.

Well it's pretty unfortunate you think it's a dumb assumption because stuff like that happens all the time where coaches don't feel to good about someone and then offer someone else...hope I'm wrong about Brown but happens all the time.
I agree it happens a lot. But it isn't because they don't feel good, they just want to have pieces in place should he choose to go elsewhere. I still feel confident about Brown. Like I said, the trip to watch Moore throw was planned last week, before Brown decided to take the Tech visit.

He changed it once, I think.
He actually hasn't changed it at all as far as I know. He never came out and set a decision date. People just kind of started piecing together that he MIGHT decide last Friday, but he never said it himself.

He actually hasn't changed it at all as far as I know. He never came out and set a decision date. People just kind of started piecing together that he MIGHT decide last Friday, but he never said it himself.

Ya, he never stated a specific date. I think it's partly my fault. I posted that he was going to announce Friday, but that was before the VT offer, which threw a wrench in things.

All I've seen from him directly was before June. That was in a free TOS video 2 weeks ago.

Ya, he never stated a specific date. I think it's partly my fault. I posted that he was going to announce Friday, but that was before the VT offer, which threw a wrench in things.
Yeah, Skowt was speculating the same thing as well, and I saw one or two other people. There was clear indication it MIGHT happen, but obviously he was advised to take his Tech visit first. I'm fine with that. He was going to visit eventually.

I just wish there was a little more distance between his visit and his decision date.

See I actually had a positive reaction to setting the decision announcement date before visiting VT. Implied to me that the decision is already pretty solid and the visit is more of a gut check.

If we get a commitment from Brown, he'll obviously want to surround himself with the best possible targets. With so many receivers offered this cycle, especially in NJ, are there any he's good friends with or otherwise connected to that might increase the chances of domino effect commitments with pass catchers?