Class of 2016 - QB/TE (Jasen) Jay Rose (CT) Leaving UConn | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB/TE (Jasen) Jay Rose (CT) Leaving UConn

Am I allowed to say i'm happy we missed out on this kid, or will the morality police be tracking me down?

I guess that's an improvement over calling someone a waste of a scholarship :D

I'll bet you though that he has a pretty solid career for UCONN.

The emergence of Dungey had a huge impact on his decision IMO. Plus, he sounds like he will have some homesick issues, so UConn makes sense. Good luck to him.

I guess that's an improvement over calling someone a waste of a scholarship :D

I'll bet you though that he has a pretty solid career for UCONN.

Hey they have 5 years to develop him, I bet he has a good shot. You never know what you may stumble on with these HS kids.

A kid we recruited pretty heavily.

Wonder what happened.

Former Southington Star Jay Rose Leaving UConn, Stepping Away From Football

Medical?

"At this time in my life, attending school at UConn is not what is best for me. I will instead enroll at a different school this fall, one closer to my home and my family. As much as I love the game of football, I will step away from it and not participate this season or in the foreseeable future."

"As I go through this difficult time in my life, I thank you in advance for the privacy of my family and me."

Rose had been absent from UConn practices and coach Bob Diaco would only say Rose was "not feeling well."

Football grind maybe, but he's one hour from home.
yeah, strange. I sure hope the kid is not really sick. But sometimes playing d-1 sports might be too much for someone right out of the shute. Heck, school can be tough that first year. 3 weeks in to my first year at Syracuse, I came home to Mass and told my parents that Syracuse was too far away and I wanted to come home. My mom said No. You wanted to go there so bad, you are going to stick it out. One of the best things ever to happen to me.

Man, some of the responses on that thread...

Every time I condescend to visit that board, I come away amazed by how out of touch and dopey their fanbase collectively is.

Not that I needed the reminder, based upon past interactions with that group.

They're just not good people.
Having lived there for almost 7 years I tend to agree...at least the UConn fans anyways.

They carry around a HUGE inferiority chip on their shoulders and have no problem expressing it. Maybe living in no man's land between Boston and NYC helped them develop their collective generational psychosis. Kind of pathetic really.