Class of 2016 - QB/WR Desmond Phillips (FL) Verbal to Toledo | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB/WR Desmond Phillips (FL) Verbal to Toledo

Jerry Williamson ‏@JerryRecruiting May 19
He's being recruited as a WR by many schools. He's a track and field star.

Beat out by Toledo?? There has to be a story here.
Yeah, he wasn't a priority for us. That's the story.

We have guys higher on the list than him, and I'm sure he probably knew it. We probably would have told him to hold off on committing if he actually wanted to, because we're waiting on bigger fish at WR.

Any chance he was looking to play QB? I'd expect Toledo might be letting him play there instead of at WR

He may just have had a longer relationship with the Toledo staff and liked the program and school. People go where they feel comfortable, where they feel they fit in.

He may just have had a longer relationship with the Toledo staff and liked the program and school. People go where they feel comfortable, where they feel they fit in.
Yeah, remember, we only just offered him last week. It's not like we had a long history and, again, he was pretty far down our WR recruiting board from what I can tell. Good luck to him, but I'm not sure we should feel like we "lost" this one to Toledo...I'm not sure how seriously we ever tried to be in it.

Yeah, remember, we only just offered him last week. It's not like we had a long history and, again, he was pretty far down our WR recruiting board from what I can tell. Good luck to him, but I'm not sure we should feel like we "lost" this one to Toledo...I'm not sure how seriously we ever tried to be in it.

And just because a kid doesn't choose Syracuse doesn't mean we have to dis the kid or their choice either.

Last edited: