Question can college teams charge money to see open practices? | Syracusefan.com

Question can college teams charge money to see open practices?

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
I brought this up a few years ago. I am just curious if they have ever considered trying it. We have a advantage that some other programs don't.

They should charge 5 dollars a ticket and do a practice 2-4 times a year in the carrier dome students as well. Most probably would not come but if you drew in say 1000 people that is still 5,000 dollars 10-2o,000 a year.

I think it would be Great Especially before Acc play roles around and maybe one right before the NCAA Tournament it would be a great way to get the fans students fired up like a going away party, and a fun stress free practice, and a great way for fans travelling the big tournament to meet up.

Put it on orange all access as well for $5.00 and you might draw another couple 1000 on a boring tuesday wed,thursday especially before midseason.

Last edited:
If you charge admission, then other schools can send scouts to watch, too. NCAA rules (and the NFL as well) prohibit scouting of free events. The Danny tried charging admission to training camp until he found out the NFC East could all sent scouts to watch practice. He very quickly dropped the idea after the 1 practice he was required to hold by charging admission.

I don't think thats the road that you want to go down, you have to give the fans something.

$20k a year in extra gross revenue is peanuts. I doubt it would cover the cost of insurance, staffing and cleanup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom