Question for Dan Bartlett | Syracusefan.com

Question for Dan Bartlett

SU68

Starter
Dan, this may be above your pay grade, but does anyone at SU AD or chancellor's office monitor these fan sites?

People complain a lot, but many good ideas (I think) actually begin here. It would be nice to know that the ideas are read by someone with actual juice (pun intended). This is meant for Dan but anyone else with actually knowledge can chime in too.
:confused:

I know Dan started a thread about fan experience at the dome sometime last year. So I'd say at least he reads the board.

I know folks in the AD department read the board...how far up???? Not sure but definitely mid level AD staffers.

Our board is mostly very much appreciated as it monitor's and deletes any obvious trolling... Unlike syr.com article comments.

Well, we know syracuse.com monitors the board, as most of their stories originate from here. I kid, I kid, but seriously...

Obviously I monitor everything - whether it's things I can help with or just things I am passionate about. My bosses read on here when we send things out (select a seat, fan fest, the barbecue, season tickets, etc).

I know my man Poles is also on here from time to time.

I have talked to both Pete Sala about things on this board and I sent an email to Mark Coyle upon his arrival about how great of a resource this site can be for him.

With changes coming (some you've seen, some you await) the higher ups do care greatly for your opinions and suggestions. Any time you guys want to email me about anything related to your experience at the Dome, thoughts on the program, parking, tickets, merchandise, uniforms, scheduling, concessions, tailgates, multimedia, social media, whatever it is. Let me know. I can always get things into the hands of those who need it.

drbartle @ syr dot edu

Obviously I monitor everything - whether it's things I can help with or just things I am passionate about. My bosses read on here when we send things out (select a seat, fan fest, the barbecue, season tickets, etc).

I know my man Poles is also on here from time to time.

I have talked to both Pete Sala about things on this board and I sent an email to Mark Coyle upon his arrival about how great of a resource this site can be for him.

With changes coming (some you've seen, some you await) the higher ups do care greatly for your opinions and suggestions. Any time you guys want to email me about anything related to your experience at the Dome, thoughts on the program, parking, tickets, merchandise, uniforms, scheduling, concessions, tailgates, multimedia, social media, whatever it is. Let me know. I can always get things into the hands of those who need it.

drbartle @ syr dot edu
Thanks for the response. I emailed Gross and Marrone when he took over and never heard from either one. Perhaps the only good thing that GRob did was to institute the "quad walk" to the Dome with the band playing and cheerleaders, etc. This is done at many schools. I guess it wasn't in Doug's personality to do that. It gives fans a chance to see and cheer the players up close (they look so small from Sec. 129 or on TV). It also lures fans to the QuadFest two hours before the game. At least one other school has the players walk on and stop by the band as they play the alma mater, then they finish their walk. This is one way to rebuild community feelings after the debacle of the past decade.

or if the team is going to be walking thru the quad actually let the fans know

Well were asking who is listening, one thing Ive been thinking about with all this dome Reno talk the western facing side. Archbold had such a great old castle style gate at that end. I would love to see a replica of that huge field level gate placed at the top of Raynor ave as a part of the renovation.

To make it serve a purpose a think a wide staircase up the middle to the gate, that in this form could be used as a fan entrance, would be an amazing entrance experience for fans and recruits. Perhaps beyond that gate is all technically inside the stadium with open space, natural light, top notch stadium food vendors, big screens with other ongoing games, and new escalator access points to both concourses making this space and the vendors accessable throughout the game.

Above that area they can definately put the new offices they have talked about as tall as needed but there needs to be an impressive fan space built into that side of the dome.

Sorry to threadjack, buildings are my buisness its been on my mind for awhile as a really great opportunity we have in this process.

It's obvious that multiple departments at SU monitor this board and the twitter world. Heck, even Coach Shafer gave a shoutout to the "Express Back" movement.

Since naming a position after a great Syracuse grad went over so well, how about continuing with it? Like on the track and field team, the best pole vaulter can be the Lexington Steele.