Question? | Syracusefan.com

Question?

GoCuse14

All Conference
Did anyone spend this season thinking that the one piece we were missing was I. Williams? I have a feeling we will feel the same this time next year about Ebo. Would he do well on the hill, who knows...I bet yes. But, wish him well as a NYS product and move on. Just hope we get HCDM back, he would be a bigger loss.

I don't think we are ever going to win these PrimaDonna recruiting battles. Our donors just don't have the kind of cash necessary to pay for these types of football upgrades.

So we need to? Let be honest with ourselves for a bit. Are we ever going to perennial national contenders? No. We need to be a team that can contend with less talent or rather under recruited talent. I feel we have a solid staff to find and develop that talent. Keeping that staff seems more important to me than landing a kid that no one knows how he will develop

Personally I think Marrone comes back and makes a little noise in the ACC next year. Might be the beers talking though.

So we need to? Let be honest with ourselves for a bit. Are we ever going to perennial national contenders? No. We need to be a team that can contend with less talent or rather under recruited talent. I feel we have a solid staff to find and develop that talent. Keeping that staff seems more important to me than landing a kid that no one knows how he will develop

Personally I think Marrone comes back and makes a little noise in the ACC next year. Might be the beers talking though.

Could be... but it may be he comes back in a lame duck, significantly compromised recruiting position...

I.E. No facilities upgrade package from school or longterm extension... a guy that played hardball with the school, lost and can't get out fast enough.

Meaning, he'll want out next year too... and that's a scenario that other coaches will definitely use against him on the recruiting trail in the short term and a reason why even holding this class together adequately could prove quite difficult.

I thought this scenario the least likely a couple days ago, but with the new rumblings that our AD is now also packing up shop to leave, the chancellor already in lame duck status and the BOT now with feet to fire on all this and our coach on the NFL HC interviewing circuit... Its possible our program could fall into a big abyss of instability in the very near future... a worst case scenario to be sure...

The good news is, as we've seen in other recent threads, beer still tastes awesome.

Did anyone spend this season thinking that the one piece we were missing was I. Williams? I have a feeling we will feel the same this time next year about Ebo. Would he do well on the hill, who knows...I bet yes. But, wish him well as a NYS product and move on. Just hope we get HCDM back, he would be a bigger loss.
No... I was very happy with our DL play this year. Goggins, Bromley, and crew did great inside and I thought our rotation outside was very productive. I am beginning to want to shy away from anyone that has their hats hanging on Daddy Williams.

Having seen videos of his response and how he seemingly is trying to position himself as a the pimp...er...ah...handler...er......ah..... liaison to the top NYC recruits and how he talks as if he knows the game is very concerning to me. It is just very telling when someone, whose only experience in football is the career of their son, speaks as if they designed the framework and is the end all be all of the recruiting aspect of college football.

I must admit that I have never meet Mr. Williams. I have only read and heard what he has said from the times when he felt it was important that he was in front of the camera/being interviewed/heard and not his son/recruits. Maybe he is truly a tender and loving person who is trying to be a "guide" for these young men. If so, I would gladly personally apologize for assuming.

I would like to tell him thought that our recruiting will be just fine without his help. There is no need for him to have his son keep our name on the list to direct players to SU. I know that our coaches are bright men who have much experience in the game and are doing/will do just fine without him. EO has that same flavor.

Starts his spiel at 4:50: http://a002-vod.nyc.gov/html/city_gridiron.php?id=1942&pn=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom