Question? | Syracusefan.com

Question?

B

BillSU

We’ve got an AD with no experience hiring a HC and the head of the school a bean counter. Well I guess this is what the above is all about for them. But they have the smarts I would hope to get someone who will make a difference at SU. We’ll see won’t we?

The pattern that has been developed over the past how many years will be chronic and repetitive unless SU grows up and realizes the game is all about "money.” You get what you pay for or we’ll continue to go around and around on the coaching carousel not moving forward, mediocre or worse, how sad. Damn! Hire a good coach and give him the $ for a decent staff. Though we are not a state school with better funding opportunities - stick your neck out and give the coach some of the money earmarked for the Dome. Then hopefully we’ll be legit and the people will come and pay for the Dome money used to hire the good coach.

Many of us seem to be saying the same thing. You can have all the coaches you want in waiting. But, we are going to get who we’re going to get. Are we going to settle for someone to try and become a winner? It is what is at SU and it hasn’t and might not be pretty AGAIN?! I hear that whisper Floyd but it may be falling on deaf ears. Wouldn't it be nice to get someone at SU we could talk about positively? GO SU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Goody another thread.
What else is there the board is talking about? Everything is a coaching thread at the moment and I'm sure it will continue until a HC is hired - then undoubtedly we'll have more threads about the coach. Either you're bored with them or you can join the discussion with a post of your own.

No experience hiring a Head Coach??? I guess Harsin hired himself at Boise.

What else is there the board is talking about? Everything is a coaching thread at the moment and I'm sure it will continue until a HC is hired - then undoubtedly we'll have more threads about the coach. Either you're bored with them or you can join the discussion with a post of your own.

Our AD has experience - Boise St 2011 - 2015
Pretty decent football program He ran there
Keep the faith

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors