Questions About the Lax Board | Syracusefan.com

Questions About the Lax Board

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Talking with others, the following questions came up:

Should there be a lacrosse recruiting board?

Should there be a lacrosse recruiting database, like we do with basketball and football?

Please let me know your thoughts. I am good with doing the work required to set up a lacrosse recruiting database but I am going to need help maintaining it. I am not a guru and only know what I read on this board.

Thanks!

Unlike football and basketball, there aren't a lot of stories written about LAX recruits until after they commit.

We have about a dozen Class of 2015 commits, maybe 10 Class of 2016's, and a few 2017's so far. If we track Women's LAX recruits also, that number would double.

If you think that's enough to justify a separate LAX recruiting board, let's go for it. Keep in mind that there usually isn't too much traffic on the board during the off-season (although 2014 is a World Championship year).

If you want to start a database, I can give you all the commit info I have, and point you in the direction of a couple of really good sources, or I'll do updates myself.

Talking with others, the following questions came up:

Should there be a lacrosse recruiting board?

Should there be a lacrosse recruiting database, like we do with basketball and football?

Please let me know your thoughts. I am good with doing the work required to set up a lacrosse recruiting database but I am going to need help maintaining it. I am not a guru and only know what I read on this board.

Thanks!

I agree with Orange Extreme, a recruiting database would be good but I would not recommend a seperate board for Lax recruits. Lax recruiting is much much different then the other two major mens sports. Often recruits can appear out of nowhere (See the Barber Commit from OCC a month ago) and as Extreme pointed out most articles don't come out until after someone committed and even those (save for the big recruits) are usually slim pickings.

Also by combining recruiting with regular lax musing we keep this board at least somewhat active even during the offseason when there isn't much happening.

Echoing OX and Jeremy, there probably isn't a need for a separate Lax recruiting board. However, a commit database (and as much of a recruit database as could be gathered) would be enjoyable.

Okay, I will see what I can do. Kind of busy this weekend (somebody is getting married) but it should happen in the next 10 days...

Okay, I will see what I can do. Kind of busy this weekend (somebody is getting married) but it should happen in the next 10 days...
Have fun at the wedding.

Best of luck, mysterious groom ;)

Lax Power already has a great recruiting database.

What would be cool is if we had a section where we could link to found media regarding the recruits we have coming in. Articles, youtubes, etc.

Lax Power already has a great recruiting database.

What would be cool is if we had a section where we could link to found media regarding the recruits we have coming in. Articles, youtubes, etc.
That is possible. Very possible. I am thinking it would be in the recruit profile, a place to link as many articles mentioning the recruit as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom