Quick Maryland Summary | Syracusefan.com

Quick Maryland Summary

wvlax

2nd String
Since 2010 Cuse is 0-2 versus Maryland (2010 when MD Coach Tillman arrived). Both of those losses memorable for much different reasons. In 2011 Cuse was a 1 seed (favored by many to win the title) and lost in overtime 6-5 in the NCAA quarterfinals.In that game MD held the ball for very long stretches in the 2nd half (with a big face-off advantage) and many believe this game was the springboard for the 30 second shot clock. In 2014 Maryland came away with 16-8 beat down at the Dome; again with a big face-off advantage.Hopefully the seniors on this team remember that game because it was over after the 1st quarter.
Make no mistake this year's Maryland team is loaded with Under Armour All Americans at every position making for a difficult task for Cuse. Tillman is recruiting at a very high level and routinely has a top 5 class. An example of this is at the face-off position where All-American Charlie Raffa was replaced by freshman stud Austin Henningsen who reportedly is healthy now. Maryland also has a returning 1st team All American goalie (Bernlohr) and defenseman (Dunn). Making matters worse is that MD picked up SU transfer Dylan Maltz (2 years ago) who is now their 5th leading scorer whom I'm sure will play the game of his life.

Since 2010 Cuse is 0-2 versus Maryland (2010 when MD Coach Tillman arrived). Both of those losses memorable for much different reasons. In 2011 Cuse was a 1 seed (favored by many to win the title) and lost in overtime 6-5 in the NCAA quarterfinals.In that game MD held the ball for very long stretches in the 2nd half (with a big face-off advantage) and many believe this game was the springboard for the 30 second shot clock. In 2014 Maryland came away with 16-8 beat down at the Dome; again with a big face-off advantage.Hopefully the seniors on this team remember that game because it was over after the 1st quarter.
Make no mistake this year's Maryland team is loaded with Under Armour All Americans at every position making for a difficult task for Cuse. Tillman is recruiting at a very high level and routinely has a top 5 class. An example of this is at the face-off position where All-American Charlie Raffa was replaced by freshman stud Austin Henningsen who reportedly is healthy now. Maryland also has a returning 1st team All American goalie (Bernlohr) and defenseman (Dunn). Making matters worse is that MD picked up SU transfer Dylan Maltz (2 years ago) who is now their 5th leading scorer whom I'm sure will play the game of his life.
That 2011 game was in Gillette Stadium and I was there. One of the most frustrating games I have ever seen. Speaking with MD fans after the game, even they seemed embarrassed by Tillman's tactics. It just was barely lacrosse. Oh Lord

That 2011 game was in Gillette Stadium and I was there. One of the most frustrating games I have ever seen. Speaking with MD fans after the game, even they seemed embarrassed by Tillman's tactics. It just was barely lacrosse. Oh Lord
I wasn't there but I remember coming away with a very bitter feeling after watching that "lacrosse game".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom