Quick random thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick random thoughts

Shot selection on this team is horrible when things start to go bad. They all try to do it on their own. Pretty sure that's why Gillon was pulled with a minute to go.

Probably true, doesn't mean it makes sense. Guys tend to jack shots in the last few minutes of games like this. Then again, I'm guessing the shot was the last straw for JB after watching Gillon play awful all game.

Shot selection on this team is horrible when things start to go bad. They all try to do it on their own. Pretty sure that's why Gillon was pulled with a minute to go.
This because we have no offensive identity and have an NBA ISO offense.
We don't move the ball on offense and we are easy to defend.

This because we have no offensive identity and have an NBA ISO offense.
We don't move the ball on offense and we are easy to defend.

Ehh. I just think we laid an egg. We moved the ball well against Miami and they are a lot better defensively than Virginia Tech. We had Lydon in the post a bunch(Something that was successful for us the past 2 games) and he's a willing passer out of it, but White especially I thought jacked up some off balance jumpers that had no business going in.

Ehh. I just think we laid an egg. We moved the ball well against Miami and they are a lot better defensively than Virginia Tech. We had Lydon in the post a bunch(Something that was successful for us the past 2 games) and he's a willing passer out of it, but White especially I thought jacked up some off balance jumpers that had no business going in.
We need shots in those games against Pittsburgh and Miami.
Our offense of identity was still garbage. It was Gillion passing to White, Lydon and himself making shots. Roberson crashing the boards getting second chance points with offense of rebounds and he put a couple back in .
Offense is not hard to defend. It's the same thing every game we just need the talent to execute for to work. We all wish we had some motion or we actually put guys who could pick and roll and actually execute it.

I get that. Guess we had no other options other than to play Battle out of position. How desperate are we for a point guard? And we are literally not recruiting one!? What. We literally are not recruiting a point guard. I just felt like typing that again because I'm incredulous. So I guess we bring in another fifth year guy to pass to teammates he doesn't know?

You are overselling this part of the problem. We were all dying to have Quade come in and pass to temammate he wouldn't know any better than the fifth year guy would. It's a matter of finding the right 5th year guy, just as it would be a matter of finding the right freshman.

You are overselling this part of the problem. We were all dying to have Quade come in and pass to temammate he wouldn't know any better than the fifth year guy would. It's a matter of finding the right 5th year guy, just as it would be a matter of finding the right freshman.

Yeah, good point. Gotta make sure we get the fifth year guys on campus ASAP though.

I get that. Guess we had no other options other than to play Battle out of position. How desperate are we for a point guard? And we are literally not recruiting one!? What. We literally are not recruiting a point guard. I just felt like typing that again because I'm incredulous. So I guess we bring in another fifth year guy to pass to teammates he doesn't know?

To be fair, a freshman PG coming in will be passing to teammates he doesn't know that well either. The problem is we absolutely must get that 5th year player or players now and better hope that kid is good enough to play at this level. PG is probably the hardest spot to fill in the grad transfer market too.

To be fair, a freshman PG coming in will be passing to teammates he doesn't know that well either. The problem is we absolutely must get that 5th year player or players now and better hope that kid is good enough to play at this level. PG is probably the hardest spot to fill in the grad transfer market too.

Howard didn't transfer here and had a year under his belt, he looks like hot garbage when he plays. Gillon undersized with some issues himself but runs the team far better than Howard has.

It may be a problem to keep the 3rd year guy than bring in someone new, especially with the chemistry issues that FH brings to the program.

Regardless of whether Frank stays or goes, we'll need to bring in a starting caliber 1 and a starting caliber 2/3 for next year. Battle will either start at the 2 or 3, depending on personnel -- but whichever wing position he doesn't play, we'll need to fill. And right now, nobody on the roster is suited to play either spot.

With luck, we'll fill out the rest of the class with Ayala / Duarte [both of whom would add a ton of backcourt depth], but I still think we'll need to either hit the JUCO ranks, the 5th year transfer market, or both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom