Quick Take Aways | Syracusefan.com

Quick Take Aways

jordoo

Living Legend
Sloppy . . . . . as usual.

I'll be watching the ladies whenever I can. They have the style and firepower to be able to beat anyone any given night that the shots are falling.

If Thompson and Moyer are our 9/10 guys in the rotation that's really saying something.

Battle's pull up off the bounce from anywhere is slick. He will kill it in the open floor.

White will be a great shooter for us because of the pieces surrounding him.

Coleman is in the best shape we have seen. He showed a bit I've never seen in game action. He's going to make more of an impact than most expect.

Roberson can physically dominate anyone if he is focussed.

Lydon is much stronger and looked like he was gliding. That was a useless scrimmage to him. He's going to drive opposing coaches crazy.

Gillon and Howard are more than enough at PG and will give us two much different looks.

Chukwu will blockwu!

Top 8 team right now.

I'll be watching the ladies whenever I can. They have the style and firepower to be able to beat anyone any given night that the shots are falling.

If Thompson and Moyer are our 9/10 guys in the rotation that's really saying something.

Battle's pull up off the bounce from anywhere is slick. He will kill it in the open floor.

Coleman is in the best shape we have seen. He showed a bit I've never seen in game action. He's going to make more of an impact than most expect.

Lydon is much stronger and looked like he was gliding. That was a useless scrimmage to him. He's going to drive opposing coaches crazy.

Gillon and Howard are more than enough at PG and will give us two much different looks.

Chukwu will blockwu!

Top 8 team right now.

Battle is going to be the best ankle breaker we've had since Pearl. Pearl is still the greatest. But Battle is going to be really special for us. Pearl was really crafty getting to the basket. I'm not sure if we've ever had a really good ankle breaker. Battle's pull-up jumper reminds me a lot of Kembla Walker.

Chukwu will blockwu!

Top 8 team right now.

Battle's form from three, though...ugly! Contrast with Lydon who has the purest stroke I've ever seen on a Syracuse player over the past 30-plus years that I've been a fan. Chukwu doesn't look like he knows what to do or where to be on the offensive end. Not terribly surprising. Gillon has some really quick hands. That's what stood out to me.

Lots to work on. On paper we've got a lot of depth and that might suggest balanced scoring but at least early on, Lydon is going to have to carry this team and he looks capable of it.

Also, was Hop there? I confess I fastforwarded through most of the broadcast. Just watched the intros and the scrimmage.

Roberson had a slow start last season. I think he may get a slow start this season also.

Roberson's block on AW3 was filthy. I watched on the ESPN3 feed so it was a bit choppy for me, but - AW3 was impressive in the 3pt contest, kid has a pretty stroke - however, he didn't stand out to me at all in the scrimmage.

Battle is already built like an NBA player. I'm already salivating at the lineup of Howard, Battle, White, Lydon and DC/PC. So much strength, scoring, length and rebounding. ALso that team will KILL IT in transistion. Howard has always been good on the break, but Battle looks like a bull on the break - then you put shooters like Lydon and AW3 trailing? Wow.

I never make much fuss about preseason rankings because I don't have the time to learn the makeup of hundreds of teams. I do know from experience; there are not 16 teams better in the field.

This team has Everything and multiples of most things. Experience, size, shooting, defense, coaching,rebounding... They can create mismatches all over the floor. As long as the chemistry is right and that much talent can coexist, they could be #1 in the country.

Battle's form from three, though...ugly! Contrast with Lydon who has the purest stroke I've ever seen on a Syracuse player over the past 30-plus years that I've been a fan. Chukwu doesn't look like he knows what to do or where to be on the offensive end. Not terribly surprising. Gillon has some really quick hands. That's what stood out to me.

Lots to work on. On paper we've got a lot of depth and that might suggest balanced scoring but at least early on, Lydon is going to have to carry this team and he looks capable of it.

Also, was Hop there? I confess I fastforwarded through most of the broadcast. Just watched the intros and the scrimmage.
Yes, Hop was there. And to Briancuse, Robey was very active last night. A good sign!

This is his senior year, and last chance at the Nba, I think he comes out in beast mode.
Sorry to say that I doubt it. His focus has not improved much (if at all) over the past 3 years. I mean how many kids have their coach say "dead men could get more rebounds" Is it real to expect a big enough change in that area to get him to the next level. would love to see it but doubt it'll happen.

Sorry to say that I doubt it. His focus has not improved much (if at all) over the past 3 years. I mean how many kids have their coach say "dead men could get more rebounds" Is it real to expect a big enough change in that area to get him to the next level. would love to see it but doubt it'll happen.

JB's dig is one small point of reference. Here are some others -- 20 rebs vs Duke; led SU in rebounding in the march to the Final 4. How many kids have done that?

And for consideration -- Roberson did not arrive as a beast. He was a skinny kid, and has often been outmuscled in ACC games. Until this season.

Roberson was the POY of NJ his senior year. I thought he would be a little stronger his Freshmen and Sophomore campaigns. Last year his beast mode was amazing. I hope this year his beast mode is just as good but with longer duration. The kid really has some bounce in those legs. He's are a really good player to have on a team. He's very hard for any opposing team not to pay attention too since he's everywhere around the basket.

Unless made twice, I thought the "a dead guy laying under the basket" remark was made about James Southerland.

Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

(Stomp. Stomp stomp stomp)

Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

Everybody...
Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

(stomp stomp...(guitar solo)

We are the champions!
Okay, Pete, you are onto something here! Now, how to get the students attention about this? very fun! Maybe I can get section 309 going with it.

Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

Everybody...
Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

(stomp stomp...(guitar solo)

We are the champions!

Our student section might get t'ed up if they chant that. It'll sound like something else, as I'm sure you know.

Unless made twice, I thought the "a dead guy laying under the basket" remark was made about James Southerland.

I think you're correct. But the, "if I had anyone else" comment from this season hopefully resonates and we get him in beast mode 100% of the time.

Our student section might get t'ed up if they chant that. It'll sound like something else, as I'm sure you know.
Oh, but I'm sure they'd never do such a thing!

Okay, Pete, you are onto something here! Now, how to get the students attention about this? very fun! Maybe I can get section 309 going with it.

Too bad Manley isn't around anymore. He would have run this one to Otto's Army. Who is the board's current "student representative"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom