Quick Take Aways | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick Take Aways

Unless made twice, I thought the "a dead guy laying under the basket" remark was made about James Southerland.

Right. This was never said about Roberson. I love how our fans refuse to see the impact of some our players. I guess this year's lucky winner is Roberson. The guy is a monster. I get that he had some down games but his up games are worth it. And he also has his biggest games against our biggest opponents. We lose by double digits to Duke last year and don't sniff the final four if not for this guy. If that means he's coasting in a game against NC State or somebody I am fine with it. Yeah JB talked smack about him, but if you take what he said in that one PC literally you are nuts. He was trying to motivate.

Sorry to say that I doubt it. His focus has not improved much (if at all) over the past 3 years. I mean how many kids have their coach say "dead men could get more rebounds" Is it real to expect a big enough change in that area to get him to the next level. would love to see it but doubt it'll happen.

I am reasonably confident JB said this about Conrad McRae not any players in the last few years.

Sorry to say that I doubt it. His focus has not improved much (if at all) over the past 3 years. I mean how many kids have their coach say "dead men could get more rebounds" Is it real to expect a big enough change in that area to get him to the next level. would love to see it but doubt it'll happen.

The actual quote [after McRae got 1 rebound in a game] was that he got "one more than a dead man."

I strongly doubt that Boeheim has criticized Roberson's rebounding, of all things.

Anybody that knows...does Tyus look like the type that will be our preferred option down 1 with 20 seconds to go? He seems like the only possible threat to create his own shot consistently. Maybe Lydon, but I'm not sure that's his game.

Anybody that knows...does Tyus look like the type that will be our preferred option down 1 with 20 seconds to go? He seems like the only possible threat to create his own shot consistently. Maybe Lydon, but I'm not sure that's his game.

Tyus, Gillon, and Frank are the three top guys on the squad in terms of being able to create their own shots [or indirectly, offense for others] in a pinch.

Non-ballhandlers like Lydon and White would be more the recipients of passes for shots than apt to create something themselves.

The actual quote [after McRae got 1 rebound in a game] was that he got "one more than a dead man."

I strongly doubt that Boeheim has criticized Roberson's rebounding, of all things.
My apologies to all for misremembering the quote. I guess I was thinking more along what CuseFaninVT said. I just had the feeling that if TR had played the whole year like he played in the tournny, then Su would have finished better than a 9-9 ACC record and a low seeding.

Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

(Stomp. Stomp stomp stomp)

Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

(Stomp. Stomp stomp stomp)

Everybody...
Chuk Wu
Chuk Wu
Blocks YOU!

(stomp stomp...(guitar solo)

We are the champions!

You've come a long, long way from your days of dressing like George Michael and running around campus singing Milli Vanilli lyrics, Petey. Still have a long way to go, but at least your days of following New Kids on The Block and Wilson Phillips on tour are behind you. Thank God Mrs. PeteCalvin likes decent music.

You've come a long, long way from your days of dressing like George Michael and running around campus singing Milli Vanilli lyrics, Petey. Still have a long way to go, but at least your days of following New Kids on The Block and Wilson Phillips on tour are behind you. Thank God Mrs. PeteCalvin likes decent music.

Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, huh? And to think I actually spoke highly of you the other day. If anyone listened to that garbage in college it was you, as you tried to lure every unsuspecting coed into your den of decadent sin. "Oh please come back with me! I have George Michael's CD on repeat!"

;)

Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, huh? And to think I actually spoke highly of you the other day. If anyone listed to that garbage in college it was you, as you tried to lure every unsuspecting coed into your den of decadent sin. Oh please come back with me! I have George Michael on repeat! ;)
All I know is when Milli Vanilli and George Michael are in the conversation, the gloves are off!
You guys are almost ready for the third world war. Just one small piece that's missing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom