Quick Thought | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thought

Pat Kelly

2nd String
We won. In the end that is all that matters. We won.

Now my tone would be very different if Nova had made that field goal at the end of regulation, but I look at it this way: a team gave us their best shot one of our worst days and we still came out on top.

In retrospect we can look at this as a glorified scrimmage. Both our starter and backup QB got their first meaningful reps of the season, which was great, especially for Wilson. The team now have two weeks to look at the tape and see the areas that need improvement to be ready for the real schedule (again, I would not look at it this way if we didn't win, but we did).

I would also say that while everyone had a much happier tone after the blowout of Wagner last year, I think a game like this is much more valuable to the team.

our HS team got blasted in scrimmages this weekend and still thinks the are going to be good, at least SU got a win out of it.

We won. In the end that is all that matters. We won.

Now my tone would be very different if Nova had made that field goal at the end of regulation, but I look at it this way: a team gave us their best shot one of our worst days and we still came out on top.

In retrospect we can look at this as a glorified scrimmage. Both our starter and backup QB got their first meaningful reps of the season, which was great, especially for Wilson. The team now have two weeks to look at the tape and see the areas that need improvement to be ready for the real schedule (again, I would not look at it this way if we didn't win, but we did).

I would also say that while everyone had a much happier tone after the blowout of Wagner last year, I think a game like this is much more valuable to the team.
I think the best thing is that both the players and coaches got a major-league wake-up call. Just a ton of nose-to-the-grindstone stuff needed for two weeks.

I think the best thing is that both the players and coaches got a major-league wake-up call. Just a ton of nose-to-the-grindstone stuff needed for two weeks.
Yes. Loving the bye week now. Love that you're in Boston as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom