Quick thoughts after a great game | Syracusefan.com

Quick thoughts after a great game

DirtDog44

Walk On
A couple of quick bullets:
* We have one hell of a coach. We've all known this fact for years but I personally have taken it for granted on occasion...I no longer will.
* This team will be a tough out both in the ACC & NCAA tourney. They are playing hard, smart and with a purpose.
* Malachi Richardson is becoming our go to guy. Great shooter and does a good job of getting to the rim while remaining under control.
* Tyler Lydon has a nice post game. We should be feeding him down low 4-5 times per game. Great footwork and ability to finish around the rim.
* Dejuan Coleman has made great strides and is a strong force inside but I've never seen a player shoot less than 40% from within 3 feet.
* We are going to miss the Silent G / Cooney backcourt more than we realize.
* Frank Howard is going to be a great 3-4 year player here. Smart, good handle, great size and length.
* Lastly, watched the Indiana game last night and wish we had Thomas Bryant manning the middle.

* Tyler Lydon has a nice post game. We should be feeding him down low 4-5 times per game. Great footwork and ability to finish around the rim.
This specific one caught my attention. What a pleasant surprise last night!

* We have one hell of a coach. We've all known this fact for years but I personally have taken it for granted on occasion...I no longer will.

No ...almost all of my fights on this board, and there have been a lot of them, have been with posters questioning his coaching. Guy is a great coach.

* This team will be a tough out both in the ACC & NCAA tourney. They are playing hard, smart and with a purpose.

This team will be a tough out if they shoot well. If they don't it will be a quick exit. We are not good enough to overcome a bad shooting night against a good team.

The team has definitely improved and can do some damage but people need to be realistic and understand that a 5-25 night from 3 in the tourney against a good team and we are going home...

the upside is the zone.. when we struggle to shoot we have several ways to try and get to the rim and draw fouls even with the poor inside play we usually see.. when the zone is playing well and teams are struggling we usually take away the option of drives but if a team has good inside players we have issues since we take so many fouls.

Great game, against a good opponent that has two really good frosh, and height but not much bulk in the center position. Easier opponent for Lydon than ACC teams with bulk inside.
This SU team has good balance -- especially when Lydon can play like that.

* Dejuan Coleman has made great strides and is a strong force inside but I've never seen a player shoot less than 40% from within 3 feet.

It's because he doesn't much lift at all. That would be ok since he has the bulk to use his shoulders to hold off defenders, but he hasn't learned to do that yet

No ...almost all of my fights on this board, and there have been a lot of them, have been with posters questioning his coaching. Guy is a great coach.

This team will be a tough out if they shoot well. If they don't it will be a quick exit. We are not good enough to overcome a bad shooting night against a good team.

The team has definitely improved and can do some damage but people need to be realistic and understand that a 5-25 night from 3 in the tourney against a good team and we are going home...
Eh, can't worry about that too much. That's true of anyone really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom