Quick Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thoughts

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Decent crowd - students stayed for the entire game.

Villanova was magnificent.

John Robertson was poised and tough and great.

We have serious trouble at DT - we had no front line penetration up the middle.

OL did not knock anybody down. Nova dominated the run on defense.

We tackled poorly and did not hit like Shafer teams normally hit.

We seemed to have a player hurt on every other play - Nova played injury free - they out hit us.

Our offense has too many moving parts - looks like Keystone Cops between plays. No chance for any semblance of rythym.

Norton appears to be fine.

Way too much trash talking - very little discipline - mouthing off on Robertson after another big gain was embarrassing. On the other hand, few penalties.

I really don't like this Rob Spence-like east-west offense. When playing an inferior opponent, use your athletic advantage and go vertical!!!! Have Jamal Custis fly and beat DB with tremendous height!

Given the situation, have to give Austin Wilson a lot of credit. He clearly can throw the ball.

Ameen-Moore does look quick and far more athletic than in the past.

We were lucky - the coaches have a lot of work to do - culture change necessary amongst other things.

Night SU Football games in the Dome still a lot of fun.

Decent crowd - students stayed for the entire game.

Villanova was magnificent.

John Robertson was poised and tough and great.

We have serious trouble at DT - we had no front line penetration up the middle.

OL did not knock anybody down. Nova dominated the run on defense.

We tackled poorly and did not hit like Shafer teams normally hit.

We seemed to have a player hurt on every other play - Nova played injury free - they out hit us.

Our offense has too many moving parts - looks like Keystone Cops between plays. No chance for any semblance of rythym.

Norton appears to be fine.

Way too much trash talking - very little discipline - mouthing off on Robertson after another big gain was embarrassing. On the other hand, few penalties.

I really don't like this Rob Spence-like east-west offense. When playing an inferior opponent, use your athletic advantage and go vertical!!!! Have Jamal Custis fly and beat DB with tremendous height!

Given the situation, have to give Austin Wilson a lot of credit. He clearly can throw the ball.

Ameen-Moore does look quick and far more athletic than in the past.

We were lucky - the coaches have a lot of work to do - culture change necessary amongst other things.

Night SU Football games in the Dome still a lot of fun.
I think people are missing the fact that we did go vertical a few times, especially with Hunt, but both Hunt and Wilson kept air mailing the passes. I don't know whys everyone expects mcd to call with a guy who never played before. I also don't get the call for more rushes. Am I the only one who saw our oline getting blown up play after play?

Can we talk about the crowd. Cuse played like but the crowd lacked energy even early on. You gotta understand that these guys are kids. They need the crowd to unleash emotion in them. Its like people went to the game for quiet discussion amongst themselves.

out coached, out played, arrogant performance by some players, no energy--maybe they believe what they read. hcss has a lot to do getting these players on track and focused. other than dixon and wilson, not to many things to be happy about. we were totally dominated and not prepared. i have had serious issues with bullough in the past, and still have. mcd i believe called conservatively with wilson, but seriously where was the our vaunted run game???? ol

Appeared to be a lot of trash talking and chest beating plus a lack of energy. Hit hard, hit hard again and again and shut up

DT scares the crap out of me, too. Hopefully this was just "one of those games", but our defense's absolute inability to get off the field against Villanova is worrisome to say the least. Imagine if we play Clemson or FSU with a dud like that. Yikes.

Can we talk about the crowd. Cuse played like but the crowd lacked energy even early on. You gotta understand that these guys are kids. They need the crowd to unleash emotion in them. Its like people went to the game for quiet discussion amongst themselves.

I have a difficult time blaming the crowd especially when 41k+ showed up against an FCS team. Blaming the lackluster performance by players on the crowd is a pretty lame excuse especially when more showed up than anticipated. It also is hard to get really amped up as a crowd when there is less than inspiring football being played on the field by our team. There is a lot to be annoyed at, the crowd is very low on that list.

True but the crowd reacts to the level of play by the home team. And most of the game our play was just plain bad.

from my section the crowd was into it a lot early then when our dline continued to lose contain and miss tackles on the nova qb they got a little less into it

AAM62 said:

Really? Everyone I know that was there thought the crowd was great and loud when it needed to be.

i was surprised at how loud the crowd was and they started early in the game. had the D every really stepped it up it would have gotten even better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom