Quint's Top 20: Syracuse Clear No. 1; Maryland Proves to be a Contender (IL) | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Syracuse Clear No. 1; Maryland Proves to be a Contender (IL)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
As we near the midpoint of the season, conference play comes into focus. The Orange proved there is no doubt they are No. 1 in the country right now, with two strong defenses in Notre Dame and Maryland at their heels...

1. Syracuse — Seven wins for the Orange with six coming at home; there’s no doubt Syracuse is the No. 1 team in the nation right now. But the Orange will be ripe at Notre Dame this week, their first true road test in a game televised by ESPNU. They are the only unbeaten team in DI lacrosse. Between ND, a trip to North Carolina (grass) and the ACC tournament (grass) I'd be surprised if SU runs the table. The Duke win was impressive but can be viewed as fool's gold. Duke’s defense pressed out and didn't slide, couldn't make a save, and they never won a face-off. It’s safe to say that the next time these two teams play, it’ll be a lot closer.

‘Cuse owns wins over Cornell, Army, Virginia, Hopkins and Duke. They jumped all over the Blue Devils on Sunday in the Dome, leading 13-1 after two quarters before winning 19-7. Game, set, match before the 11,408 could even eat a Dome dog at halftime.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-no-1-maryland-proves-to-be-a-contender/31384

As we near the midpoint of the season, conference play comes into focus. The Orange proved there is no doubt they are No. 1 in the country right now, with two strong defenses in Notre Dame and Maryland at their heels...

1. Syracuse — Seven wins for the Orange with six coming at home; there’s no doubt Syracuse is the No. 1 team in the nation right now. But the Orange will be ripe at Notre Dame this week, their first true road test in a game televised by ESPNU. They are the only unbeaten team in DI lacrosse. Between ND, a trip to North Carolina (grass) and the ACC tournament (grass) I'd be surprised if SU runs the table. The Duke win was impressive but can be viewed as fool's gold. Duke’s defense pressed out and didn't slide, couldn't make a save, and they never won a face-off. It’s safe to say that the next time these two teams play, it’ll be a lot closer.

‘Cuse owns wins over Cornell, Army, Virginia, Hopkins and Duke. They jumped all over the Blue Devils on Sunday in the Dome, leading 13-1 after two quarters before winning 19-7. Game, set, match before the 11,408 could even eat a Dome dog at halftime.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-no-1-maryland-proves-to-be-a-contender/31384

Fools gold? I wouldnt call a game where Syracuse could have scored 25 goals if they wanted to against a program like Duke fools gold. I have never seen a John Danowski team dominated like that. Certainly Duke isnt nearly as bad as the score and I would like to avoid a tourney rematch in the NCAA's for obvious reasons but fools gold, I dont think so.

Fools gold? I wouldnt call a game where Syracuse could have scored 25 goals if they wanted to against a program like Duke fools gold. I have never seen a John Danowski team dominated like that. Certainly Duke isnt nearly as bad as the score and I would like to avoid a tourney rematch in the NCAA's for obvious reasons but fools gold, I dont think so.

He always sees negatives when it comes to SU.

He always sees negatives when it comes to SU.

Usually he is fairly unbiased but this year he has posted some slight jabs in his weekly top 20 column against SU which I don't understand. I wonder if he is hedging after last years first round disaster.

Quint may have a hint of pro-Hopkins bias but overall he is fairly objective. He is all about the sport growing in his analysis. I don't mind these comments as they give Desko ammo to correct mistakes and prevent the team from resting on its laurels.
We are undisputed the number 1 team in the country so now the team just needs to stay healthy and losing a game won't kill the ultimate goal of a NC.

hqdefault.jpg

4915441-256-k932069.jpg

Quint?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors