Radio Listeners Advise!! | Syracusefan.com

Radio Listeners Advise!!

UnknownOrange

2023 Cali Award Winner Points Scored
All,

A long time friend of mine has officially landed his own show and I am very proud as he has worked his ass off to get to where he is.

I normally would support my friends in anything that they do but this one is closer to me. I worked with "Goz" over a summer doing baseball games and I got to hear his passion first hand & he is incredible with his craft. This is well deserved for Goz and I hope you all will tune in!!!

Here is the press release...

LOCAL SPORTS TALK MORNING SHOW STARTS MONDAY

The Score 1260 (WSKO) is launching Central New York’s first local morning sports talk show. THE FIRST QUARTER hosted by Tom Goslowski will air weekdays 6-9am beginning September 15.

Goslowski, a graduate of Hobart College in Geneva NY, started his sports radio career doing play by play for the Geneva Red Wings, Syracuse Salt Cats, Hobart football, hockey, and basketball. For the past year “Goz” has worked as producer, fill-in host and update anchor on The Score 1260.

Cumulus Syracuse Operations Manager Tom Mitchell said, “We are pleased to add another 3 hours a day to our local sports talk lineup, bringing our total to 40 per week. Now, Central New York sports fans will be able to start their day with the latest on the Chiefs, the Orange, the Bills, Giants, Yankees and all other teams of local interest. Plus, local traffic and weather. Tom Goslowski is a well-informed, opinionated sports guy who also has a warm friendly personality.”

The Score 1260 (WSKO) is owned by Cumulus Media, which also owns 93Q (WNTQ,) 95X (WAQX,) and 105.9 The Rebel (WXTL.)

More local programming on sports talk stations is a good thing for the primary markets they serve, IMO. He'll likely be up against it in that time slot, but good luck to him. I'll certainly give him a listen.

Talk SU for 2/3 of the show and he'll get a ton of listeners. No one gives a hoot about what Lindsley thought about the Yankees or Axe with Sox. The town wants SU and NFL. Stick to that and he'll be fine.

Looking forward to giving him a listen. Thanks for the heads up I would have never noticed... I listen to XM most mornings.

He's a lifelong football player/viewer. He's well versed in all things football but what he brings to the table that most can't compete with is passion FROM central NY. Born and bred here he understands everything that Syracuse fans have gone through. I'm very excited for him!

DRBartlett said:
He's a lifelong football player/viewer. He's well versed in all things football but what he brings to the table that most can't compete with is passion FROM central NY. Born and bred here he understands everything that Syracuse fans have gone through. I'm very excited for him!
please talk mostly Cuse sports and I'm in... No yanks bills etc

Hope this works- think more local talk is good. I've never been a huge Axe fan, but he's such an upgrade over McManus that I am actually happy he's the one on the air during my drive home.

Congratulations to your friend, I'll definitely tune in for local sports talk. Especially an in depth break down of the football game this Saturday. I too usually listen to SiriusXM all day in the office but even though they have a college sports station you'll never hear much about SU football. We need something like the Dillon Panther football talk up here in the neighborhood(n)

One thing he's got going for him is that if listen to nails scraping a chalkboard before I listen to the mike and mike infomercial. I'm not local but if give him a shot if I were.

Hope this works- think more local talk is good. I've never been a huge Axe fan, but he's such an upgrade over McManus that I am actually happy he's the one on the air during my drive home.
Really? How is he an upgrade exactly? I mean if you enjoy listening to him read whatever article he's posted online that day verbatim on the radio, I guess that's cool. Maybe it's the goofy voices he uses at least twice a show that's the upgrade? Or the fact that he'll repeat himself multiple times each segment? I used to be an Axe fan years ago but the more I listened to him, the more I just got bored with his format. He is better than Lindsley though that's not saying much. Will definitely give Goz a listen as I feel Parkins was the last real good talent we had in this town on the radio.

The SU Athletics site has changed it's address and this is now the address to submit a question for the Scott Shafer or Jim Boeheim shows:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Really? How is he an upgrade exactly? I mean if you enjoy listening to him read whatever article he's posted online that day verbatim on the radio, I guess that's cool. Maybe it's the goofy voices he uses at least twice a show that's the upgrade? Or the fact that he'll repeat himself multiple times each segment? I used to be an Axe fan years ago but the more I listened to him, the more I just got bored with his format. He is better than Lindsley though that's not saying much. Will definitely give Goz a listen as I feel Parkins was the last real good talent we had in this town on the radio.

I still love Axe but doing an hour show instead of four hours means he's crowded the features he would normally do in four hours into one. It's not a caller-driven show any more, although the last couple of days he's eased off on that. It's still an interesting show to listen to but it's mostly just for listening. I think he's doing it primarily to advertise what is still his main job at Syracuse.com but it's good to hear his voice.

McManus and the Steves are very listenable, Both shows are better than Lindsley, except when Gos subs for him. Hopefully, he'll take over that show permanently someday.

After listening to Goslowski's show a bit this week, I'd say he's likeable, well-informed and easy on the ears. That puts him ahead of the great majority of sports talkies in my book, but doesn't guarantee anything. Many of the "successful" people in this field seem to be asshats who rely on shtick, and this kid doesn't fit the profile. Here's hoping he stays true to himself and succeeds.

I have had a few chances to listen to the show. I unfortunately lose the signal on and off but what i have heard I have really like. He is an easy listen and well informed. br801 ... you are right no shtick and I really appreciate that!

All,

A long time friend of mine has officially landed his own show and I am very proud as he has worked his ass off to get to where he is.

I normally would support my friends in anything that they do but this one is closer to me. I worked with "Goz" over a summer doing baseball games and I got to hear his passion first hand & he is incredible with his craft. This is well deserved for Goz and I hope you all will tune in!!!

Here is the press release...

LOCAL SPORTS TALK MORNING SHOW STARTS MONDAY

The Score 1260 (WSKO) is launching Central New York’s first local morning sports talk show. THE FIRST QUARTER hosted by Tom Goslowski will air weekdays 6-9am beginning September 15.

Goslowski, a graduate of Hobart College in Geneva NY, started his sports radio career doing play by play for the Geneva Red Wings, Syracuse Salt Cats, Hobart football, hockey, and basketball. For the past year “Goz” has worked as producer, fill-in host and update anchor on The Score 1260.

Cumulus Syracuse Operations Manager Tom Mitchell said, “We are pleased to add another 3 hours a day to our local sports talk lineup, bringing our total to 40 per week. Now, Central New York sports fans will be able to start their day with the latest on the Chiefs, the Orange, the Bills, Giants, Yankees and all other teams of local interest. Plus, local traffic and weather. Tom Goslowski is a well-informed, opinionated sports guy who also has a warm friendly personality.”

The Score 1260 (WSKO) is owned by Cumulus Media, which also owns 93Q (WNTQ,) 95X (WAQX,) and 105.9 The Rebel (WXTL.)

Next time you see him, just remind him- less baseball talk is best .

Next time you see him, just remind him- less baseball talk is best .

I agree. We can hear baseball and NFL on Mike and Mike with national guests. What will set Goz apart in my mind is he can talk SU Sports and I will be hooked. I listen to Channel 91 as well in the AM. I know that he isnt everyone's cup of tea, but I love Bill King. I think he is extremely knowledgeable, but he doesn't get hardly and Cuse calls (to be expected) and that's what I want to hear. I was listening to the First Take and they were complaining that there weren't any good games at 12:00 slot this week. Their producer brought up Cuse-MLand and they said it would be an okay game. I get that there isn't national interest in Cuse game, but that is why I want the local show talking about it 95% of the time. get em Goz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom