Rak measured well at the combine | Syracusefan.com

Rak measured well at the combine

So when someone asks me how tall I am, it's perfectly appropriate to respond with height while wearing sneakers - right?
th

Dwight Howard is only 6'9" barefoot. Rak is bigger than Dwight, lol. But only 50% of the athlete.

Also, McCullough measured in at 6'9" in shoes with a 7'3.25" wingspan, so pretty solid measurements from him too. Just under 200 lbs to the surprise of nobody lol

I wonder what CMac's vert and agility numbers will be, what with not having a knee and all.

As long as the rest of Rak's combine numbers are good, he should be able to find a niche for 5+ years in the league. Of course, he needs to land on the right team and avoid injury, but he has the potential to come off the bench, get his team some boards and defend PF's or Centers. I don't think offense will be much of a consideration in his playing time; he just needs to be efficient.

I expect Rak to be a solid PF for years. Maybe not a starter but if guys like Marvin Williams can stay in the league Rak can. Once McCullough is healthy does he have any shot in the NBA as anything other than a SF type who shoots 3s? He's too light and fraile, no? He was getting pushed around all season and would miss layups/dunks if a guy brushed him.

I'm not sure you are using Marvin Williams as a comp for Rak but he is a totally different player. He's shot over 1300 3's in his career at 34% and he plays a lot of small forward. He's actually carved out a nice niche as a part time starter who plays between 25 and 30 minutes a game and averaging 10 pts and 5 boards. If Rak has that NBA career, I would call that highly successful considering Williams has played ten seasons and has made more than $60 million in his career.

I wonder what CMac's vert and agility numbers will be, what with not having a knee and all.

He won't be participating in any drills or working out for any teams as far as I know. Teams will have to draft him just based on the film they have.

I expect Rak to be a solid PF for years. Maybe not a starter but if guys like Marvin Williams can stay in the league Rak can. Once McCullough is healthy does he have any shot in the NBA as anything other than a SF type who shoots 3s? He's too light and fraile, no? He was getting pushed around all season and would miss layups/dunks if a guy brushed him.

I don't think he'll be quick enough to play SF; he simply needs to bulk up so that he can be a face-up/stretch 4. Probably needs to put on around 20 or so pounds.

I'm not sure you are using Marvin Williams as a comp for Rak but he is a totally different player. He's shot over 1300 3's in his career at 34% and he plays a lot of small forward. He's actually carved out a nice niche as a part time starter who plays between 25 and 30 minutes a game and averaging 10 pts and 5 boards. If Rak has that NBA career, I would call that highly successful considering Williams has played ten seasons and has made more than $60 million in his career.

I meant to delete this and switch the comparison to someone like a Theo Ratliff. I double-checked Williams' numbers before posting and they are like you say. I didn't realize it at first. Yes, not the best comparison!

I don't think he'll be quick enough to play SF; he simply needs to bulk up so that he can be a face-up/stretch 4. Probably needs to put on around 20 or so pounds.

Right. Ideally he is a stretch 4 but even they have to bang sometimes. It will be interesting to see if he can put on the weight and get stronger.

I meant to delete this and switch the comparison to someone like a Theo Ratliff. I double-checked Williams' numbers before posting and they are like you say. I didn't realize it at first. Yes, not the best comparison!
Well Ratliff made over $100 million in his NBA career so let's hope Rak is that successful.

Well Ratliff made over $100 million in his NBA career so let's hope Rak is that successful.

No question. My main point was comparing him to guys who aren't necessarily lighting up the stat sheet but have carved a nice tenure in the League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom