Rak's rings will look nice at Alumni functions | Syracusefan.com

Rak's rings will look nice at Alumni functions

Shark58 said:
go Cavs?

oh joy...I get to care about JR again

Maybe JR will be gone. Looks like Kevin Love is gone. I think Lebron will love Roc.

All of Rak's second place rings, you mean? :cool:

Shark58 said:
it works in reverse too. I had to root for Ewing for years.

That's true too.

All of Rak's second place rings, you mean? :cool:

right now he looks like the best bet to get some champ bling from our alums.

I've heard such things impress recruits and such

sweetney_030626.jpg
PissingMonkeySmiley.gif

Maybe JR will be gone. Looks like Kevin Love is gone. I think Lebron will love Roc.
KLove and LeBron are both running the same play. 2 years contracts with player options for the 2nd year. Gives them max flexibility and the highest earning potential with the new revenue sharing deal (max expected to go up 30%). I'd be shocked and disappointed if KLove left, given he has unfinished business and is in the best situation to get a championship. JR Swish on the other hand turned down his player option for $6.5Million and is probably down the packing order behind resigning Shumpert, Tristan Thompson and now even Dellavadova. Would be sorry to see him go. He conducted himself like a pro with the Cavs and some of his 3's were absolute daggers to opponents.

Agree about Roc. The Cav's are built to win now and Rakeem is not a 19 year old project. He joins a really crowded/solid front-court of Mozgov, KLove, Tristan Thompson and Andy Varajao. There are a lot of Mozgov minutes available as he sits when they go small. Andy has been very injury prone and is getting older, so I expect his minutes will be limited by either plan or necessity. Tristan and Andy are the both terrific rebounders (think Dennis Rodman without the weird) who would be great role models. There should be minutes for Rakeem as the Cav's should have many run-away wins. In practice he'll be going up against the best.

Last edited:
KLove and LeBron are both running the same play. 2 years contracts with player options for the 2nd year. Gives them max flexibility and the highest earning potential with the new revenue sharing deal (max expected to go up 30%). I'd be shocked and disappointed if KLove left, given he has unfinished business and is in the best situation to get a championship. JR Swish on the other hand turned down his player option for $6.5Million and is probably down the packing order behind resigning Shumpert, Tristan Thompson and now even Dellavadova. Would be sorry to see him go. He conducted himself like a pro with the Cavs and some of his 3's were absolute daggers to opponents.

I though Love already opted out of his contract? Is that just so that they can restructure a new one? I think he is gone.

I think there's a better chance of JR being a one-and-done Cav than Love. I think Love's back for at least one more go-round. He was starting to click with LeBron, Kyrie, et al., when he was injured early in the playoffs, he's been on enough 16-66 teams, I think he may realize he's only, what, 27, but clock's clicking on his career, too, if winning is important to him, won't do any better than Cleveland.

Plus, for those who say he's a big-market, West Coast-with-a-girlfriend-in-LA guy, it's not like he's doing poorly in Cleveland. He's getting top dollar, is on an elite team, has had at one least national ad, is going to be featured in the ESPN body issue and was on the cover of GQ. That doesn't happen if he's on a mediocre Boston, Portland or LA team.

This is a good read from today's Cleveland rag about the team's and key players' possible future. This also clearly details that while LeBron clearly is in the loop on personnel matters, he's not telling management what to do. He got Love to Cleveland, he wants him to stay, we shall see.
"James' strategy is to remain a watcher when it comes to personnel affairs and recruitment. It is widely known that he will not meddle in management proceedings or give input as it pertains to head coach David Blatt and the coaching staff. He wants management to do what it feels is best for the team, and he'll show up to work for whoever is at the helm."
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/06/the_wait-and-see_approach_lebr.html#incart_m-rpt-1

And I agree 3 gazillion percent, LeBron will love Rakeem, and vice versa. I'm sure this new Cav from 'Cuse and Philly understands what a good situation he's in far better than the last Cav from 'Cuse and Philly did.

This Cleveland sportswriter, Terry Pluto, is good, credible, he has good background on the Cavs' draft and how much they like Rakeem. http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/inde...cavaliers_have_terry_12.html#incart_big-photo

I was jacked, as a LeBron fan since his high school days, when he went home and teamed up with Dion, but not long into the season I fell outta love with Dion, stopped being in denial and defending him at every turn, was happy when the Cavs shipped him to Oklahoma City. I'm jacked, again, that one of my favorite people from my favorite college team is on my favorite pro team.
I sense this is gonna work out well for Rakeem.

As a Heat fan and Lebron hater (still pissed he left a true Dynasty down in Miami) this is the one place I didn't want Rakeem to go. It is a great fit for him but that crappy team in Cleveland doesn't deserve him!

As a Heat fan and Lebron hater (still pissed he left a true Dynasty down in Miami) this is the one place I didn't want Rakeem to go. It is a great fit for him but that crappy team in Cleveland doesn't deserve him!
Class half-empty view: you should be grateful to LeBron for four finals and two titles in four years.

Lebron has made a living with a stars around him. But how would he Fair say on the Atlanta Hawks, with no superstar beside him? Makes me curious. If you could put Lebron on any team in the country to build the ultimate team, who would it be? You could slide him on Golden State right now I think that would work well with the splash brothers outside and would make their defense better.

Last edited:
Lebron has made a living with a stars around him. But how would he Fair say on the Atlanta Hawks, with no superstar beside him? Makes me curious. If you could put Lebron on any team in the country to build the ultimate team, who would it be? You could slide him on Golden State right now.

Did you see the Cavs team he brought to the finals in 2007? What stars where there?

Lebron has made a living with a stars around him. But how would he Fair say on the Atlanta Hawks, with no superstar beside him? Makes me curious. If you could put Lebron on any team in the country to build the ultimate team, who would it be? You could slide him on Golden State right now I think that would work well with the splash brothers outside and would make their defense better.
Any team with LeBron is a contender... I like him at home, trying to bring it.

As opposed to MJ and Magic and Bird, who had to deal with slugs alongside them.

You ask how would he fare (or was that CJ Fair?) on the Hawks? Well, let's just say, if he were on the Hawks, they wouldn't have gone down in four straight to the Cavs in the conference finals.

He's really picked the right time to be drafted to Cleveland. Talk about a chip on their shoulders team with a guy who makes everyone around him better.

If you put LeBron on this Atlanta team in the east they would win 70 games. They had four all stars and COY without him.

Then they would have won the title probably losing 3 games at most in the post season.

I'll say this after reading what folks on a Cavs message board are saying about Rak: they don't deserve him. Saying he won't even make it out of summer league, he's slow, has no quickness, isn't explosive, has no heart and looks lazy.

Are they on crack? Or just grossly misinformed? Or both?

Look at it from their perspective. He really only had one good year when he was a senior and is a 2nd round pick. Expectations aren't too high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom