Ranaka has to itch shutouts to get a wi | Syracusefan.com

Ranaka has to itch shutouts to get a wi

CaliCuse

All American
Cashman should look to better his offense and then go for pitching. Soriano is a dead end offensively and not a great glove either.Well timed singles could have won the game but no one could find that hit. Jeter continues to be a double play magnet. Its probably the only thing that he has been negatively consistent in his career. Driving the ball on to the in-field has that effect. Yes I know a ton of those ground balls have found their way into the outfield for hits if they find the right gap.

I'm sure Cashman would love to trade JR Murphy away for both a starting pitcher and a solid .300 hitter.

I'm not sure the other 29 GM's would agree.

I'm sure Cashman would love to trade JR Murphy away for both a starting pitcher and a solid .300 hitter.

I'm not sure the other 29 GM's would agree.
If JR is moved it will be for his catching ability more than his offense at this timeSanchez is almost the opposite.BTW McCann's calling and set-up positions aren't exactly what I would call good Any pitch to Big Poppi must be down and away. Down low or the middle just gives him the opportunity to get under he pitch and lift it out. Anything up and in is almost impossible for him to hit out. Low and away or up and in. Pedroia is a great pest for the Sox.Roberts may have been a doubles machine in his prime but now a base hit is cause for celebration. The BRONX BOMBERs are more like the Bums than bombers.Cashman's targets should include a number of positions to help the offense. I would rather see Aaron Judge up at the plate than Soriano. The possibility of him connecting fr a tape measure drive or getting the chance to strike out beats Soriano at this point.Expose the kid to the major leagues as a teaching and coaching opportunity. His strike out is just as effective as Alfonso's he is suppose to be a decent fielder with a big arm,so give him a look. If he goes back down,he goes back with an idea of what he needs to do. How is that bad?