Random Musings.... | Syracusefan.com

Random Musings....

newmexicuse

All Conference
As another poster pointed out, Jimmy basically cut the rotation to 6 other than a few necessity minutes for BJ and 1 minute for Chino due to foul trouble. Is Buss really that bad that he can't give KJ or Cooney a few minutes to rest in the course of a game ???

BJ - the kid looks so close to breaking out, but still, you gotta wonder if it will happen this year. Against Nova it looked like Jimmy had the red light on for him. If he can only get his shot to fall in a couple of consecutive games he might just turn that corner.

The last two games Roberson has outplayed McC, TR looks over his injury & looks ready to rock.McC. McC does not look physically ready & he really needs an0ther year. He just seems to lack strength on his finishes - there was at least 3x in the Nova game when he should have finished with an and one & instead only ended up on the FT line. I hope his personal situation does not require him to leave after one year - he really needs a second year to develop his body & refine his game. It will be so much better for him in the long run.

I really do not like McC at the five. He is too weak and too prone to pickup fouls. Chino at least is physically strong & ther is no harm in using his 5 fouls. I would like to see him in the rotation getting his 5 to 7 minutes when Rak has to rest or sit.

G is showing he can actually play at SF. Last year I couldn't see it, this year he seems to be doing fine there. Still no reason for KJ and Cooney to get no rest. If you don't want to ride the Buss at least ride some Super G time in the backcourt.

Cooney - gotta fess I was really getting discouraged with his play, but he has sure turned it up the last two games. I know shooters will have some off games, but we need Trevor to be on way more than he is off if we are to succeed. I have been impressed with his overall play the last two games.

Kaleb - he will have his ups & downs, but I expect the trendline to be up.

Last edited:
Maybe a big part of it was we were hot in the first half. We could have been up by more then 12 at the half.
And jb is going to stick with his best guns in the second.

I'm worried that if he is only going to play 6 guys, their legs will be completely shot by the last 8 games of the regular season...when we face the gauntlet of the top 4 ACC teams.

Yeah, where have we seen this movie before? Oh, right, last year.

I like it that Cooney and G are becoming scorers and taking a more active role in the offense. That'll likely give Rak more room to operate and make him more effective as well. That leaves McC and Roberson to pound the boards and make put-backs, which could be a decent MO for the Orange to win. Please serve up some more.-VBOF

If we are going to play basically 6 guys and one of them can play the 1,2,3 and one can play the 4,5 and once can play the 3,4 then I would prefer Cooney and Joseph getting 5min of rest a piece rather than playing all 40. BJ and Ron are also likely good enough to play at least short 3-4min spurts in the first half although that's usually not JB's style. You tend to be in the rotation or not with him once we are into the meat of the schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom