Randy Edsall returning to UConn... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Randy Edsall returning to UConn...

No joke this hiring has potential to divide that fanbase like Trump/Clinton did the country.
That hiring has to be loved and hated by that fanbase.
It would be like if Douglas Marrone came back to SU.

My reaction to a Marrone hire would be almost entirely based on how we are doing prior to his hire. If Babers bombs and they get him back? I'd be cool with it (as long as he gets some strong recruiting guys on staff). But if we're kicking butt and Babers leaves to go to a bigger "name" school? I'd want a Babers system guy.

If Dino, god forbid, blows it in the next 2-3 years... I would gladly welcome back Doug with open arms.
If Dino blows it in the next 2-3 years and they need a new coach, I'll likely need to be institutionalized. With the meds they'll have me on you can just tell me they're bringing back old Ben Schwartzwalder as the coach and I'll be good.

Back for more: Edsall returns as coach at UConn

After the manner in which he left them to go to Maryland, why would they take him back?
I know, I know, he was the most successful football coach they ever had.
But still a tool.

Total tool and left the team immediately after a bowl game on the road. Reports had him not even traveling back with the team and heading to Maryland. Scummmy.

So when I clicked on a link that said Randy Edsall sucks I got this image... there's a message in there somewhere.

beatuconn marrone.jpg

One thing 2016 has taught me is that all the advice I've received in my life about the need to act professionally, treat others with respect, be accountable for your decisions, etc, was all a load of crap.

Be a petulant, whiny, entitled, cowardly jerk. It doesn't matter.

So, of course UConn hires back Edsall. Of course.
I'm really rethinking my career.

Total tool and left the team immediately after a bowl game on the road. Reports had him not even traveling back with the team and heading to Maryland. Scummmy.

Doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter.

If Petrino can go back to Louisville after the mess he left there, anything is possible.

Of course, Petrino had ahole success during his time away. Edsall had ahole failure.

If Petrino can go back to Louisville after the mess he left there, anything is possible.

Of course, Petrino had ahole success during his time away. Edsall had ahole failure.

Yep. We have a coach with two probations on his resume and is far from a cuddly character.

Just win, nothing else matters.

Hopefully Randy will have some new sideline dances for us to watch. He knows how to put on a show.

3 years 350k a year
Was making 600k a year at Auburn but will have full control of the offense at Uconn.

Seems like he would be an expensive hire for Uconn.

He is rumored to be getting 350k per year 3 years.
Not sure that is that much. Auburn could have easily matched that money. I think Malzahn wants the guy to branch off and bring in someone new.

Not sure that is that much. Auburn could have easily matched that money. I think Malzahn wants the guy to branch off and bring in someone new.
agreed, was editing my post when you responded.

Auburn finished 6th in rushing offense and 112th in passing offense in 2016. I think Malzahn wanted to install an offense that uses the pass more and wanted a guy who is familiar that.

Edsall gets a young coach who loves to run the ball and is willing to work cheap. Just what he was looking for.

Auburn finished 6th in rushing offense and 112th in passing offense in 2016. I think Malzahn wanted to install an offense that uses the pass more and wanted a guy who is familiar that.

Edsall gets a young coach who loves to run the ball and is willing to work cheap. Just what he was looking for.
pretty good hire for uconn. jeremy johnson didn't pan out and it probably cost him.

I for one can't wait until Edsall gets UConn fans all hyped up and has them winning...and then leaves them the exact same way again.

I for one can't wait until Edsall gets UConn fans all hyped up and has them winning...and then leaves them the exact same way again.
If by "winning" you mean 7-5, maybe an occasional 8-4, he may be able to get back there in a few years (maybe). But he's never going to catch the perfect storm of a collapsed big East and 3 way tie breakers getting him to a big name bowl game again.

I don't think they should be too concerned about any more 'dream jobs' coming calling for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom