Ranking Discrepancy Insight? | Syracusefan.com

Ranking Discrepancy Insight?

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
In following Ennis and his recruitment & corresponding commitment to the Orange, I noticed the large discrepancy between his various recruiting rankings. I think ESPN had him at #40 and Scout or Rivals had him at #12 or something along those lines (I do not have the rankings in front of me currently). This seems a pretty wide margin to me. Is this an atypical situation for Ennis, or is it somewhat regular for players to have 25+ different ranking on the 3 or 4 relevant recruiting lists? I just cannot imagine players like Lawrence, Jefferson, Selden, Wiggins, etc. having that high of a differential. From the overall consensus it seems like the #40 ranking for Ennis is the one that's the outlier, it's evident he's highly respected as a top player around the country. If so, why is the ESPN ranking as such? I am interested in some insight!

He is 41 on ESPN and 20 on both Rivals and Scout. Not sure why.

Except for the sure fire one and done Kevin Durant types its not unusual for there to be some variance in player rankings. Especially in that 20-75 area.

Overall ranking is less important to me than his positional ranking. We are getting one of the top five point guards in the class. Do that at every position and we are in the Final Four talk every year.

^+1...excellent point. Ennis is considered a top 5-7 gurard in his class. He fits the Orange as some analysts have said like a glove...he has the strengths that 'Cuse needs beginning for '13-'14 conference play in the ACC!

In following Ennis and his recruitment & corresponding commitment to the Orange, I noticed the large discrepancy between his various recruiting rankings. I think ESPN had him at #40 and Scout or Rivals had him at #12 or something along those lines (I do not have the rankings in front of me currently). This seems a pretty wide margin to me. Is this an atypical situation for Ennis, or is it somewhat regular for players to have 25+ different ranking on the 3 or 4 relevant recruiting lists? I just cannot imagine players like Lawrence, Jefferson, Selden, Wiggins, etc. having that high of a differential. From the overall consensus it seems like the #40 ranking for Ennis is the one that's the outlier, it's evident he's highly respected as a top player around the country. If so, why is the ESPN ranking as such? I am interested in some insight!

It doesnt matter. SU is a selector school. Ennis was the top PG on the board (I guess one of three). On to the next premier recruit.

Add that a lot of the major evaluators out there are saying that 2013 is the most loaded class in the last several years, and I'm pretty happy with where SU is sitting. There's bound to be a lot of variation among the prolific scouting services in the lower 70% of the top 100's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom