Class of 2016 - RB Adrian Killins (FL) UCF Commit/Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Adrian Killins (FL) UCF Commit/Offered

To Syracuse? In winter? Um, not really.
it's freaking snow and some cold weather, not the bubonic plague. A free plane trip to go get wined and dined, get free swag, and party like a rock star on a college campus - and it is somehow inconceivable to people that a high school kid would turn that down because of a little cold? Riiiiiiight.

it's freaking snow and some cold weather, not the bubonic plague. A free plane trip to go get wined and dined, get free swag, and party like a rock star on a college campus - and it is somehow inconceivable to people that a high school kid would turn that down because of a little cold? Riiiiiiight.

He couldn't take that same type of trip to Arizona? Cali? Texas?
ANYplace besides the Northeast in WINTER?
Syracuse is pretty much the exact opposite of a destination trip location in January.

I doubt he's at SU simply because it's a free weekend trip.
He could get wined and dined and party like a rock star on dozens of college campuses. He chose this one.

You are correct of course. The kid isn't good enough to go to any warm weather schools where the coeds walk around in shorts and tee shirts.

I think a lot of the Florida and Deep South kids get a huge kick out of winter on an OV. They've heard about winter their entire life and now they come up and throw snowballs for the first time ever.

You get a kid up for a visit and anything is possible. 12 noon hoops game that should be fairly well attended, I'm not ruling it out, much stranger things have happened. When is was UCF such a draw?

IthacaBarrel said:
You get a kid up for a visit and anything is possible. 12 noon hoops game that should be fairly well attended, I'm not ruling it out, much stranger things have happened. When is was UCF such a draw?

He's hoping to transfer to Nebraska?

He couldn't take that same type of trip to Arizona? Cali? Texas?
ANYplace besides the Northeast in WINTER?
Syracuse is pretty much the exact opposite of a destination trip location in January.

I doubt he's at SU simply because it's a free weekend trip.
He could get wined and dined and party like a rock star on dozens of college campuses. He chose this one.

I think it was posted on one of the other blogs that he looked particularly at Dino and Frost because of their style of offense. He is small but a legitimate burner (legit 3.1 forty, second in the 100 meters in Florida State Track meet). Dino's offense in the Dome with near perfect field conditions for most of his games including all home games (not mentioning games at BC) are potential huge factors, P5, and if affordable JetBlue makes visits fairly easy, and there are many away games within potential driving distance, GT, FSU, Miami. Reportedly his mom is with him so this is a serious OV. All things being equal it may come down to the affordability of JetBlue. Still, he has to want to flip (want to come to SU more than Frost) and family support is important.

I think it was posted on one of the other blogs that he looked particularly at Dino and Frost because of their style of offense. He is small but a legitimate burner (legit 3.1 forty, second in the 100 meters in Florida State Track meet). Dino's offense in the Dome with near perfect field conditions for most of his games including all home games (not mentioning games at BC) are potential huge factors, P5, and if affordable JetBlue makes visits fairly easy, and there are many away games within potential driving distance, GT, FSU, Miami. Reportedly his mom is with him so this is a serious OV. All things being equal it may come down to the affordability of JetBlue. Still, he has to want to flip (want to come to SU more than Frost) and family support is important.

Nah, he's just here to throw snowballs and get some free Dino BBQ. Duh.

Honestly, neither side can prove their point definitively, so how long is everyone going to continue calling the other side of the argument dumb?

Kids take free trips all the time simply for the trip. Whether or not that's the case here, and whether or not logic would point to that being the case doesn't matter either, we'll find out Sunday or Monday.

My $'s on UCF.

If he runs a 3.1, he can probably just jog here and avoid the flight altogether.

Honestly, neither side can prove their point definitively, so how long is everyone going to continue calling the other side of the argument dumb?

Kids take free trips all the time simply for the trip. Whether or not that's the case here, and whether or not logic would point to that being the case doesn't matter either, we'll find out Sunday or Monday.

My $'s on UCF.
It'll come down to being close to home (only an hour away; mom can see all his home games) or playing P5.

Not to be too creepy, but if you check out his Twitter, he has a pretty young lady he seems very attached too and she has numerous pics with ucf gear etc. Not sure if she's at Ucf or just wants to keep her man home, but I'd be surprised if he left FLA.

It'll come down to being close to home (only an hour away; mom can see all his home games) or playing P5.
In that case (with Mom with him this weekend), Mom wins.

If she is wooed this weekend, maybe she will feel comfortable letting him come so far away from her ... that is a tough sell to win over mother's, which is why UCF probably holds him. It comes down to mom in the end.

If it comes down to trust, do you let your son play for a guy who would only sign a 2 year contract, or the guy with 6 years?

My $'s on UCF.
I don't think anyone disagrees that he is probably going to ucf. The disagreement was whether we have a shot on his visit.

I think Dino has a shot. However, if he doesn't hit a home run and Adrian sees the two opportunities as being comparable then it's clear which way things will go.

Exactly. UCF is a commuter school in Orlando- not exactly a hopping town despite it's size

UCF is close to home and that seems to be what his family wants. Not sure if HE wants that but family often will win out.

I don't think anyone disagrees that he is probably going to ucf. The disagreement was whether we have a shot on his visit.
Oh, I understood the disagreement, that was the point I was trying to make. Nobody really knows what's in Killins head.

Oh, I understood the disagreement, that was the point I was trying to make. Nobody really knows what's in Killins head.
upload_2016-1-30_10-52-14.jpeg

So you are saying that he left warm Florida to visit cold Syracuse because it was free? Who are you?
Easy go there guy I didn't mean to stir the pot!!!! But I work with a family member of his. Also someone who works at the High School who told me the same thing and that he was very excited to see the SU GT basketball game in the Dome. I do not have any insight as to what his relationship is with the coaching staff. However, I will get an update on Monday or Tuesday of how it went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom